Round 1 was massive, with a record 242 entries.
What action will Round 2 bring at the "old school" Ballarat track with over 50 years of history?
Almost 50 are entered over 4 weeks out - its going to be BIG.
Enter now at https://karting.net.au/cms/member/
NOTE: Due to Ballarat's smaller grid capacity and the huge popularity of round 1; we have have to move qualifying to Saturday afternoon.
We know this won't suit all karters, but its the best option available.
At Round 2 we will give away
- Kerbrider drivers of the day prizes for Cadets, Juniors and Seniors (Steward voted)
- MG Tires in TAG Light and TAG Heavy thanks to DPE Kart Technology (Random draw)
- Hundreds of dollars of random prizes from Dunlop Kart Sport and Rock Oil (Random draw)
- 2 x Bridgestone tyres from Paul Feeney Group and Vortex Engines (Random draw)
Plus- for the series we have
- One Energy Corse Kart to give away to a lucky winner (Just compete in 5 rounds)
- $$$ worth of great Kerbrider product for end of series prizes for top 5 in each class.
- Siclids helmets to giveaway in each class at end of series
(If you don't like the design, hand it back for your own custom design)
- DPE Kart Technology: 2 Arrow X5 50% discounts to give away for TAG drivers
- Dunlop tyres for the winners of each Dunlop class in addition to the normal VCS prize pool
This is all possible thanks to our great sponsors
Kerbrider- Total Karting Solutions
Siclids - Custom Helmets
Solid Foundation Concreting
KFC - Warrnambool, Horsham, Hamilton and Portland stores
Dunlop Kartsport and Rock Oil
DPE Kart Technology, Mg Tires and Arrow X5
Bridgestone Kart Tyres, Vortex Engines and Paul Feeney Group
Energy Corse Victoria
Wimmera Design and Print
Raceculture Motorsport Design
Round 1 prize winners
Kerbrider drivers of the day
Each picked up a DID chain for their drive
Senior: Adam King
Junior: Jobe Stewart
Cadet: Rusty Ponting
DPE Kart Technology
Each picked up a set of MG Yellow Tyres for racing TAG Light or TAG Heavy.
Each winner picked up some great Rock Oil products including Oil, Chain Lube and Brake Kleen
Wil Kelly- Merrifield
167 entered now and entries close Wednesday night- we're expecting a great turnout of 200+
Guess the correct number on our Facebook page by lunch time Wednesday and you will win a brand new VCS cap.
This is shaping up to be the biggest event at Ballarat since our last state cup in the 2000s.
Over 220 already entered - pre-entries close TONIGHT
Congratulations to the VCS for bucking the national trend and sustaining what must be a great series as shown by the support that they have been attracting.
The VCS must be doing something right as despite the karting environment, the series is obviously providing what karters want and are prepared to travel for.
Well done to all involved, and keep up the good work.
Its getting too successful - 250 is almost too many :)