Kartbook

Australian Karting Forum

Hi,
Just wanted to hear the general opinion on fitting a non OTK seat on an OTK kart, more specifically a CRG seat, any opinion is appreciated, cheers !

Views: 263

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

DONT! what will happen? The end of the world(clarkson voice) its like putting a puppy in the microwave wearing a tin foil hat while eating chocolate....BAM its over end of world..your fault

Ha ha !

Don't listen .... sometimes you have to do your own thing

back when -we found the tony seat too narrow in the waist and could not move it into the ideal position.

Bought a Kartech  seat which allowed the correct seating position  but offered so much grip he was on two wheels (previously no rear end grip) I cut the lip off the seat to soften it and the kart was a weapon !

Later found out Kartech had hard and soft seats and the soft worked fine for us.

so give it a go but you may have to drill lots of holes to find the magic spot  (fiberglass repair kit is your friend)

hahahahha XD
Tyson Arden said:

DONT! what will happen? The end of the world(clarkson voice) its like putting a puppy in the microwave wearing a tin foil hat while eating chocolate....BAM its over end of world..your fault

yeah that's what I'm lacking now ever since i moved to TAG ( rear grip), cheers !

Ian Mooney said:

Ha ha !

Don't listen .... sometimes you have to do your own thing

back when -we found the tony seat too narrow in the waist and could not move it into the ideal position.

Bought a Kartech  seat which allowed the correct seating position  but offered so much grip he was on two wheels (previously no rear end grip) I cut the lip off the seat to soften it and the kart was a weapon !

Later found out Kartech had hard and soft seats and the soft worked fine for us.

so give it a go but you may have to drill lots of holes to find the magic spot  (fiberglass repair kit is your friend)

Yes, Blake is very tall 6'7" so his seat position is very different to other people

the seat was mounted 3 sprockets off the ground to keep a low COG so I was often repairing the bum part.

top lip was 200 off the axle - so laid back and 75mm further back from the kingpin than "normal" so HUGE adjustment

But it worked for him

Lead position can help you  too with where to go

even though he was over weight .....we bolted a 5kg slab to the rear of the seat and he went no slower

so that suggested that the mass needed to go back  (saves some of the hole drilling experimentation  :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2019   Created by Col Fink.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service