Kartbook

Australian Karting Forum

Here is a photo of Felice Tiene, winner of the KF2 World Cup in Spain on the weekend. Let's play a game of spotting all the infringements he would cop if racing in Australia...

No hands

Go Pro mounted in view of the race number

No teather attatched to Go Pro

Any more..?

This image is shown all over the world of karting, as an acceptable action of celebrating a win, yet here it is punished.

Stirring the pot :)

Views: 6320

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How about we play a game of who wants to stop being a cynical git?

Australia has rules for a reason. 

1. Hands on the wheel - as you would driving any form of motor vehicle under Victorian or Australian law, let alone the rules set out in the AKA manual which we should all adhere to.
  2. We tether cameras & other parts for a reason. It wasn't that long ago that a suspension coil fell out of an F1 car, striking Massa in the face, almost killing him. Much as I wouldn't want an exhaust pipe smacking me in the face, I am glad there are mandatory tethers on cameras too.
  3. Can you read the number behind that camera? No, it can't be read. We stipulate that the camera must not obstruct viewing of numbers so WE CAN  R E A D  T H E M..

If you'd like to go & race in Europe every weekend, be my guest. 

Dave maybe you should take a page out of your own book.

PINK SLIP!!!!!!!

5.01(a)

5.01(b)

5.01(d)

5.01(e)

5.01(j)

5.01(m)

5.01(n)

I do not want to enter the discussion of the rights and wrongs of any of this but just to point out that the position of the camera is - I believe - mandatory. As you can see it is pointed at the nose cone. After the race - if there has been any suspicion of pushing the video will be analysed and a penalty imposed if necessary.

It happens all over the world in all forms of motor sport even here in Australia just not gokarts.
Some people are happy when they win go figure
Dave Britt said:

1. Hands on the wheel - as you would driving any form of motor vehicle under Victorian or Australian law, let alone the rules set out in the AKA manual which we should all adhere to.
  2. We tether cameras & other parts for a reason. It wasn't that long ago that a suspension coil fell out of an F1 car, striking Massa in the face, almost killing him. Much as I wouldn't want an exhaust pipe smacking me in the face, I am glad there are mandatory tethers on cameras too.
  3. Can you read the number behind that camera? No, it can't be read. We stipulate that the camera must not obstruct viewing of numbers so WE CAN  R E A D  T H E M..

Lots of race drivers get caught up in the moment and do things that are against the rules, The photo is a snapshot in time, how do we know she wasn't reprimanded afterwards, and rules "are" different from place to place!
I don't really get the point of the post

visor cracked open, lol

Maybe at your next race meeting , you could run an illegal engine..........or some nitro in your your fuel. They're just rules after all.

That should be "he" not "she". sorry Felice. lol

Tony Roberts said:

Lots of race drivers get caught up in the moment and do things that are against the rules, The photo is a snapshot in time, how do we know she wasn't reprimanded afterwards, and rules "are" different from place to place!
I don't really get the point of the post

Yeah let's be like them

Lance Ogier said:

here's i think a better angle at 5:26  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xfqd_v4jrk&feature=related

Actually Dave the two hands is not correct, there is no law against motorcycle riders removing one or both hands from the handlebars, a go pro is not a suspension coil and sprint karts dont do the approx 300km/h massa was travelling at, thereby massively reducing the impact forces (its pretty safe to say it would be a 1 in a billion chance of breaking a bone by an impact with a go pro), and given that every kart in AKA must run a transponder there is actually very little reason to have numbers visible from every possible viewing angle ( a steward worried about the drivers behaviour on the track can just follow the kart until it turns enough for the side number to be visible.) 

At least have some decent arguments if your going to shoot someone down for having a little bit of fun by posting something with their tongue in their cheek, and while your at it, go buy yourself a sense of humour.

Dave Britt said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2019   Created by Col Fink.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service