Kartbook

Australian Karting Forum

Practice Rules

Seems like another Money Grab !!

Views: 3246

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here is a thought .. If Karters want to practice at night. Why not have NSKC run a night practice once a week.. The club would need someone to stand out there at night and run it. So there goes $100 to someone for that night to run it. My electricity bill has gone up from $300 to $850 .. So imagine how much Eastern Creek Karts has gone up running the lights. Instead of complaining on a forum about the situation karters need to do something about it. Here are some thoughts to help the situation :

3 people needed to be night monitors on a rotating roster.

Karters interested in night practice register online.

Co-ordinate the night practice with NSKC.

NSKC to discuss fee's with Eastern Creek karts.

If there is regular participation NSKC could ask for a 1 night a week deal on the hire fee's.

Just some thoughts..

Regarding this Saturday night Eastern Creek Karts and Garry Holt are giving the track to the karters for FREE ... Garry has gone out of his way to try and help promote the sport of karting. I think we should be thankful to him for this. Not sure why there is a need for negative comments about something that can only be good for karting. Lots of media will be there and it will help raise the profile of karting.

Thanks Peter

Kosmic Racing Australia said:

Here is a thought .. If Karters want to practice at night. Why not have NSKC run a night practice once a week.. The club would need someone to stand out there at night and run it. So there goes $100 to someone for that night to run it. My electricity bill has gone up from $300 to $850 .. So imagine how much Eastern Creek Karts has gone up running the lights. Instead of complaining on a forum about the situation karters need to do something about it. Here are some thoughts to help the situation :

3 people needed to be night monitors on a rotating roster.

Karters interested in night practice register online.

Co-ordinate the night practice with NSKC.

NSKC to discuss fee's with Eastern Creek karts.

If there is regular participation NSKC could ask for a 1 night a week deal on the hire fee's.

Just some thoughts..

Regarding this Saturday night Eastern Creek Karts and Garry Holt are giving the track to the karters for FREE ... Garry has gone out of his way to try and help promote the sport of karting. I think we should be thankful to him for this. Not sure why there is a need for negative comments about something that can only be good for karting. Lots of media will be there and it will help raise the profile of karting.

Maybe V8Supercars could throw some money at karting, since most of their drivers come from karting ranks. They are making plenty of money, share it around and help to grow the sport rather than put tracks like Oran Park out of existance.

the best type of practice is to race..

track is closed for practice on Friday.........$80 for practice from 5 till maybe 9,Friday night. No practice on Saturday. He missed out on 2 track hires from me.

What about when daylight savings comes back into effect? Would we still need to pay the extra considering its still light until about 20:30?

Dont you just love it when an ozzie mutli millionaire spends his hard earned building a new motorsport park in Kiwi land

Be careful with a land fill or ex rubbish dump, the land is constantly moving at Oakleigh in Victoria (a rubbish dump) and therefore the maintenance costs go up as you have to do regular repairs and even run new drainage as the low spots change. Not saying it isnt an option, just forwarned is fore armed.

Sameera Vithanage said:

You don't need pristine land for a go kart track, a landfill, ex rubbish dump, next to an airport/motor way, anything would work. It has been done before.  Land a developer couldn't use.

We wouldn't even need to dig deep, so over sewer/water lines would also work.  Surely that kind of land can't cost much?

As long as the track was located between the city and EC, you would also be guaranteed to get members.

Wollongong City Raceway practice 9-8 7 days a week only 1 hour 15 mins drive from eastern creek :)

I do not see what all the fuss is about. Business is business and the creek complex is just that a business. The cost of power and his staff time so we can zoom around at night on the 2 stroke track is well justified. When daylight saving starts the days will be longer and you go home at 9pm simple... Why would you want to go there in winter there is no point it's freezing freezing  cold the track is cold damp and slippery no need for it .The set up is easy go for grip you will have no choice. I can't stand all the creek bashers if Garry Holt did not put his balls on the line and build the place we would not have a place to go local.  Sure we all know we need another track somewhere but please stop the complaining about the night time cost it just fuels the FIRE, and that is just what you need there at night. .

Blame Juliar and her carbon tax pushing the electricity up lol. but I guess it wouldn't be cheap to run thse lights with the price jump just announced in power????

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2019   Created by Col Fink.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service