Kartbook

Australian Karting Forum

Does any one have any setup suggestions for the Interepid 2007 model for MG reds, We are finding it hard to get a good balance front to rear. We are running the shorter 75mm front hubs 10mm spacer and 95mm rear hubs at 1390-1395 but feels flat mid corner?
Thanks in advance.

Views: 1537

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hmmm... i drive a intrepid cruiser, in rotax. It sounds like you may need to try a softer axel. Personally, i think 1390-1395mm sounds too wide on mg reds, but i take it your running a 50mm axel? I think 1380-1385 sounds more normal on reds,
We have tried narrow in the rear but kart doesnt feel loose it seems tighter and starts to hop. We are running the original t2 axle.
Try heaps of caster, shorter rear hubs, and move seat back. And keep the standard intrepid front hubs and go a little wider at the front.

Chris Ekert said:
We have tried narrow in the rear but kart doesnt feel loose it seems tighter and starts to hop. We are running the original t2 axle.
Thanks Josh, it feels like it needs more caster but the eccentrics that came with it are marked incorrectly but we are working through it with snipers. I tried the original front hubs but kart felt very nervous and oversteery.
Maybe that's not such a bad thing though. Give it hell when you first go out and chuck it around and maybe when the flag drops the balance will be good :)

Chris Ekert said:
Thanks Josh, it feels like it needs more caster but the eccentrics that came with it are marked incorrectly but we are working through it with snipers. I tried the original front hubs but kart felt very nervous and oversteery.
Hi Chris, this is the same problem we had with our intrepid, lower the rear Centre of gravity by moving the axle into the middle height position and like josh said move the seat backwards and 10mm under the rail.
Hey Chris,

I've spent the past 5 years developing chassis' and racing for Intrepid in Europe. If you send me a detailed email with seat position, kart setup, pressures, tracks you're running on, class you're running in and your body type ie.height/weight etc then I should hopefully be able to give you some guide as to where you should set the kart and seat.

My email is bengeorgeeurope@hotmail.com
Thanks guys axle i middle holes already and seat is low. I am also use to 17mm front stubs so 25mm is a bit different feel for me
Look at Kosmic set up manual for seat position.

Chris Ekert said:
Thanks guys axle i middle holes already and seat is low. I am also use to 17mm front stubs so 25mm is a bit different feel for me
If I recall, the SNIPER website has a CASTER GAUGE that you download and print. Its a PDF I think. You fold the printed gauge in half and mount it midway between the two king pins. Install the snipers as you usually do and turn them on. As you turn the steering wheel from lock to lock, the laser "scribes" a trace across the CASTER GAUGE. You MUST obtain near identical traces on either side of the GAUGE. If not - and the front end alignment was good to start with - you will probably have either a bent stub axle, a bent front end of the chassis or both! If you purchased the chassis 2nd hand and its history is unknown.............................! Detailed instructions on how to set up the gauge and interpret the results are on their stie.
Hi there, I have a similar problem with the intrepid cruiser being flat from apex to exit giving bogging. Tried a few things in changing to a soft axle , moving seat forward, shorter front hubs giving a narrow front track , loosening everything up at the rear. I see a lot of guys run hard axles would that help free the kart?
Don't have the kart anymore but best thing we did to it was drop tierods
on steering column to bottom holes made a huge difference for us at lithgow

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

© 2014   Created by Col Fink.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service