Kartbook

Australian Karting Forum

im thinking this might be a good way get back into the sport as long as the tyres last is there much interest in this class in nsw 

Views: 663

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Kris there had been some interest in 4 stroke sprint racing until the end of 2017 with the guys using the Subaru engine.

A recommendation has been put forward for that engine to be allowed 12 months grace giving existing engine owners the opportunity of remaining in the sport and transitioning within the next 12 months to the new engines.

There was some minor resistance at State level, but overall in was widely received.  Just waiting some approval from KA.

Hopefully there will be some decent fields.

As long as theres super light, light, medium light, medium, medium heavy, heavy, super heavy, just dont want to see too many karts on track at once

Sorry for the sarcasm but to serious what tyre wont need to be replaced for every race meeting? even the dunlop sl1s were replaced every meeting, i dont want to drive around on rocks and still have to buy new tyres every race.

As long it's only a couple tenths I can deal with but not dropping a second from one weekend to another if I was still chasing titles not a worry but when I only want do four maybe five races a year for fun I'm not buying tyres every race

Tyson Arden said:

Sorry for the sarcasm but to serious what tyre wont need to be replaced for every race meeting? even the dunlop sl1s were replaced every meeting, i dont want to drive around on rocks and still have to buy new tyres every race.

There was a difference between SL1 and SL1A

SL1 = had pretty long life (there were questions over batch variances)

SL1A = needed to be replaced every race meeting

Tyson Arden said:

Yes i used both racing sportsman sa with the 100 S, i really couldnt afford to race but this happens, i used one set of sl1s for about four race meetings and a few test days between as well and to be honest not sure of lap time fall off i diddnt have much money for testing but i always had fun racing and never felt handicapped due to tyres

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2019   Created by Col Fink.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service