Kartbook

Australian Karting Forum

Have a person tell me tonight that ka are going 4 stroke for cadets and there will be a media release about it soon . has anyone heard anything about it as I think its only someone saying it to sell motors to people who dont know . any info on it would be good to have for my club I run with . its a non ka club . thanks

Views: 5388

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah seen it before and as it says endurance racing . I think knk are telling everyone its the new cadet engine.

Page three definitely says "junior cadet engine set up".. is there going to be cadet endurance maybe?

less that $2K for a brand new engine that lasts 50+ Hours. I'd buy one.

CRG are launching a classes in Europe for Seniors and Juniors using a Briggs & Stratton LO206 motor. Complete outfit is about $4500 ready to go.

Looks like you were spot on Wayne with KA just announcing the 4 stroke engines for both junior and senior classes.

Fingers crossed it works and brings more members to the clubs.

I wonder what the local markup will be for the Briggs 206, or if its possible to use US suppliers which are under $1,000 brand new and delivered.

Not sure how the Torini is priced in comparison. Anyone know?

At 9-10hp, prob not the class for me but will be a good place for people to start off.

Look on previous page for Torini pricing. By the time you buy the motor & then buy the carbie, exhaust, battery, oil etc I reckon you would be up for $1700 or thereabouts. Produces about the same power as a good Yamaha J.

Oliver Bonaccorso said:

I wonder what the local markup will be for the Briggs 206, or if its possible to use US suppliers which are under $1,000 brand new and delivered.

Not sure how the Torini is priced in comparison. Anyone know?

At 9-10hp, prob not the class for me but will be a good place for people to start off.

You can buy the Briggs 206 in Australia starting at around $1400 complete bolt on kit with everything . would like to know the rules for it because clutches can make a big difference on them with so many clutches available .Most clutches have adjustable engagement speeds and I know from experience that this can make a major difference in lap times . will be interested to see what clutch they use and at what price . A decent clutch can be around $120. If they go with the maxtorque clutch they are only around $80 . As I said earlier I prefer the Briggs as it is sealed by Briggs in America and not a Chinese motor that's rebuilt and sealed here . I race a chonda ( Chinese Honda copy ) and have done so for along time modified to around 15 HP and revs to 8500 without an issue . The first motor lasted well over 30 hours and only let go because I pushed the rod bolts too long my fault . oil needs to be changed every time its put on the track and use a decent oil . I run penrite ten tenths 15w40 full synthetic now but use to run penrite 10w30 small engine oil without any dramas . I wonder reading the news on ka website that they really will push this as it states they want people to step up to 2strokes . But at least its a start at club level even if they had everything there before to do it . I have been around and raced karts for 30 years starting in a victa 160 and have seen it grow and die so I truly hope that ka are going to make this work . time will tell .
I assume the two engines will be competing against each other on track but the Torini has 1hp and 1.5Nm more, will that cause a problem? Or is it no concern because it's "entry level"?

I wonder if this is KA realizing that they half killed the sport and with numbers dropping constantly they need to get people back. I for one am keen for this class to be a thing cause it will be an amazing way to get numbers back. They do this in NZ and the USA and it gets amazing numbers... Though not expecting an admission of failure by KA...

I too am keen for this, I'm just worried there won't be any parity because it's considered "entry level", the NZ series only uses the B&S 206, happy to be corrected though.

My son 10 year old son has been practicing with a J for the last 6 months. I was just about to start looking for a mini rok. I will now consider going 4S.

My concern is that if the 4S motors are 4sec slower than a mini rok, that means that at most club days, if the 4S and mini Rok drivers are merged, the mini Roks will be lapping the 4S drivers by the end.

How will the engine be integrated with the current mini Rok motors?

What tyres will be used in the 4S class?

Where can you buy these motors?

They look to be "inboard" drive............ that is the rear sprocket sits inside the bearing carrier, much like a KZ2. Are axles available to convert a cadet kart to an inboard drive?

Thoughts????

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2019   Created by Col Fink.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service