Kartbook

Australian Karting Forum

Have a person tell me tonight that ka are going 4 stroke for cadets and there will be a media release about it soon . has anyone heard anything about it as I think its only someone saying it to sell motors to people who dont know . any info on it would be good to have for my club I run with . its a non ka club . thanks

Views: 5440

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Graeme, as to actual numbers, you are best off asking Mark Pickering or Ray Russell from the Subaru club, SKANSW.

They did the testing as they will need a replacement for the Subaru eventually. I read their posts regarding the testing and the Torini left the Subi for dead. The Subi was quicker than the Briggs apparently.

Let's just leave the KA negativity behind for a while and see if this takes off. It certainly has the potential to do so. I put together a Subaru package for $1000 less than the cost of a new Snr max. I'm not sprint racing next year other than the O40's and I'm looking forward to getting back to where I started.

PS Neville- for a newby, a 4 stroke leaves a J behind when it comes to ease of use. No point going backwards now.
No KA negativity here, I am genuinely interested in this class.
That wasn't directed at anyone specifically Graeme. I think we will get a lot of newcomers with these engines.

And returnees hopefully, I've got a brand new chassis that's been sitting in the trailer for 18 months, I just need a reason to come back.

Is there any reason this has to be promoted as a beginners class rather than a fun social class?

KA has refereed to it at a beginners class, and described other karts as "pure racing karts"........poor choice of words in my opinion.......Mitch, very hard not to sound like "KA bashing" when you look at many of their decisions.....like nor allowing the Subaru......if the toreni is faster, then the subies won't last long, but there's enough of them to form a sound footing for the class to begin with.

The Torinni engine is not the one tested by the Subbie club.

The J might not be for newbies but it might bring a lot of karters back to the track, who have simply parked their karts, with J's in the garage and walked away.

The reason most people run karting is due to the fact they have limited budgets otherwise we would see far more progress onto larger circuit racing.

The social aspect is also of major consideration.

Mitch Lozina said:

Graeme, as to actual numbers, you are best off asking Mark Pickering or Ray Russell from the Subaru club, SKANSW.

They did the testing as they will need a replacement for the Subaru eventually. I read their posts regarding the testing and the Torini left the Subi for dead. The Subi was quicker than the Briggs apparently.

Let's just leave the KA negativity behind for a while and see if this takes off. It certainly has the potential to do so. I put together a Subaru package for $1000 less than the cost of a new Snr max. I'm not sprint racing next year other than the O40's and I'm looking forward to getting back to where I started.

PS Neville- for a newby, a 4 stroke leaves a J behind when it comes to ease of use. No point going backwards now.

I'm just trying to wrap my mind around this. Currently:

• SEK use twin Honda GX200's in endurance karting
  • TEKA use the Briggs & Stratton Animal
  • SKANSW use the Subaru KX21 for sprint and endurance karting
  • and now KA have a new entry-level class that uses Briggs & Stratton 206 and the Torini Clubmaxx 210 engines for sprint racing. 

Have I understood this correctly?

Pretty much so I think Ben.

Ben said:

I'm just trying to wrap my mind around this. Currently:

• SEK use twin Honda GX200's in endurance karting
  • TEKA use the Briggs & Stratton Animal
  • SKANSW use the Subaru KX21 for sprint and endurance karting
  • and now KA have a new entry-level class that uses Briggs & Stratton 206 and the Torini Clubmaxx 210 engines for sprint racing. 

Have I understood this correctly?

Ben,

I certainly do not want to be negative, and I am all for 4 stroke racing and like many others really do think it could re-start our sport, and re-cover some of the lost souls of our past.

BUT,

Gotta say some years ago KA said, "If you want to play with us you need to ditch your current motors and saddle up with what we think is the best for the sport"

Not sure that worked real well particularly when you look at the current figures?

So maybe they applied the old adage, "If at first you don't succeed Try Try Again ?"

Really hope it works.

Max.

There just going round in circles hoping somthing works

Or makes money for some?

rudy farkas said:

More like pin the tail on the donkey..

Neville Scullion said:

Or makes money for some?

rudy farkas said:

Reply to Discussion