Kartbook

Australian Karting Forum

Have a person tell me tonight that ka are going 4 stroke for cadets and there will be a media release about it soon . has anyone heard anything about it as I think its only someone saying it to sell motors to people who dont know . any info on it would be good to have for my club I run with . its a non ka club . thanks

Views: 5374

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Back to the original question.

Even though SPtools suggest the Torini engine has been approved by KA for Cadets, I can't see anything about it on the KA website or in the new rules. Therefore, for now at least, there won't be 4-stroke in Cadets.

Or did I miss something?

According to the 2018 rules that were published this week, the 4 strokes can only be used for Junior and Senior classes. No mention of cadets which I'm pretty pleased about as there are plenty of Comers and Js about that are perfect for starting out with. 

What I haven't been able to find is, whether or not Clubs need to include these classes in their supp regs for Club Days. 

Pertinent question.  This is just another bandaid fix to a massive problem which originates in cadets.

Let's not try and fix the real issue of the money spent on engines and tyres at that age, let's just not let them use data loggers and restrict the size of the sprocket they can use.  That will fix everything, all the cadets will come rushing into the sport, and they can say they have increased participation numbers.

It makes you wonder where they get their information from, who they speak to about problems within the sport, and who is advising them? 

Has anyone encountered a member of the board in an official capacity to discuss these ongoing issues?  Seems the only time they engage members is to crucify them for having the audacity to speak their opinions?

Peter Gommers said:

Back to the original question.

Even though SPtools suggest the Torini engine has been approved by KA for Cadets, I can't see anything about it on the KA website or in the new rules. Therefore, for now at least, there won't be 4-stroke in Cadets.

Or did I miss something?

Yep. Buy a Mini ROK.......

David Gibcus said:

My son 10 year old son has been practicing with a J for the last 6 months. I was just about to start looking for a mini rok. I will now consider going 4S.

My concern is that if the 4S motors are 4sec slower than a mini rok, that means that at most club days, if the 4S and mini Rok drivers are merged, the mini Roks will be lapping the 4S drivers by the end.

How will the engine be integrated with the current mini Rok motors?

What tyres will be used in the 4S class?

Where can you buy these motors?

They look to be "inboard" drive............ that is the rear sprocket sits inside the bearing carrier, much like a KZ2. Are axles available to convert a cadet kart to an inboard drive?

Thoughts????

Any one know what tyres they will be using yet?

Also the torini web site: http://www.torini.com.au/index.php?dispatch=products.view&produ... says $895 which isnt bad.

The kit with the mounting plate, clutch, muffler and chain guard is another $495, still cheap though.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2018   Created by Col Fink.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service