Kartbook

Australian Karting Forum

KA NSW IS IN TROUBLE, BUT YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

It has come to my attention that KA NSW could be on the verge of killing the sport once and for all.
This weekend the representatives of KA NSW's clubs will be voting on the new board in attempts to push Karting NSW towards the right direction. I believe some great people have put their hand up for the vote. These people offer an extramly large wealth of knowledge and can push our struggling sport towards improvement and positive change. 
 I think we can all agree that these people can do nothing but amazing things for not only karters and clubs in NSW but Karting in Australia as a whole. But they are not the only people who have put their hands up. We also have a familiar name:
Max Laybutt.
Now a quick history lesson on Max.
Max might be well known for his roles as National Treasurer and State Treasurer. It was during this time he was able to spend karters' money on lavish, all expenses paid trips to Yepoon whilst also booking luxurious hotels such as Crown Resort in Coogee Bay, Melbourne and Adelaide--with god knows how much extra was put on the tab for the average Australian Karter to pick up.
 And how could we forget the time when he helped cost karting NSW over $10,000 in fines with the ACCC?
 Now Max has previously had a nomination put foward for himself for chairman of the board--nothing strange about that--except for the fact that the nomination was put foward via the Vintage club without the support of the Vintage club. Luckily, it was rejected due to fraudulent misrepresentation before it turned into a massive court case.
When you look back and start to compare what can be offered to help karting as a whole compared to who wants to be in karting to aid their own personal gain I think the choice is clear cut.
If you are a member of any club in NSW, make sure to talk to your club representitve and let them know how you feel about this issue. Tell them that you want karting to help you, the karter, the one that puts your hard erned into the sport. Tell them that you expect to see your sport flourish for all, rather than for the gain of one selfish individual. 

Views: 2143

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well Cody, if that's your real name, it's easy to make accusations when you hide behind anonymous names. How about a proper introduction?
I have known Max for 8 years or more and have found him to have the highest level of integrity I have come across at that level of our organisation. Together Max and I delivered CM:S to every club in Australia, and I am proud to have worked with him and to achieved so much for karting with him.
You are right, some great people have put there hand up for this election, Max is one of them, I am another, but guess what, my expertise won't be used for the betterment of karting either because KA rejected my nomination without putting it to the club's for a vote. This is how KA is killing off karting in NSW.

I swear every week its another load of shit. KA killing the sport, Karting NSW killing the sport.

if you dont like it leave.

Many many already have left the sport, that is why clubs are cancelling meetings and dropping classes due to low entry numbers. People like you will be racing yourselves soon, if not already but with an attitude like that is would seem you already like entertain yourself a little to much.

Thomas French said:

I swear every week its another load of shit. KA killing the sport, Karting NSW killing the sport.

Cody, well, well, well.

You have written a rather inaccurate and poorly researched appraisal here, haven't you.

Firstly you are a gutless wonder, who are you really and what is your last name, or are you just one of those pathetic little weasels who hides behind anonymity.

Secondly you alleged Mr Laybutt :-

Max might be well known for his roles as National Treasurer and State Treasurer. It was during this time he was able to spend karters' money on lavish, all expenses paid trips to Yepoon whilst also booking luxurious hotels such as Crown Resort in Coogee Bay, Melbourne and Adelaide--with god knows how much extra was put on the tab for the average Australian Karter to pick up.

As National Treasurer he is only authorized to pay accounts, it is not the role of the Treasurer to arrange locations for the National AGM.  Every member of the NKC was entitled to attend the AGM, this appears something you can't comprehended.

You attack Mr Laybutt, however you have failed to reveal that another of the persons put forward for election onto the new Board at the upcoming KNSW constitution was relieved of his position when he held the same National Treasurers position.  Very selective in your assessment of Mr Laybutt? There in points out, is part of your lack of research and knowledge of affairs.

You then accuse Mr Laybutt of the following:

Now Max has previously had a nomination put foward for himself for chairman of the board--nothing strange about that--except for the fact that the nomination was put foward via the Vintage club without the support of the Vintage club. Luckily, it was rejected due to fraudulent misrepresentation before it turned into a massive court case.

Where is the massive fraudulent misrepresentation Cody?  Who put you up to this rubbish?  Only a person close to the board at NSW could have possibly told you this, or perhaps via a 3rd person with the same information leeked to them?

You see Cody who ever told you this is also a misinformed dunce.  A person attempting to interfere with the due process of conducting an impartial election.  Cody, if that's your real name, have you, as so many others involved in this sport do not, ever read the current constitution of KNSW?  I expect not. 

Go and have a read of it, if you have the capabilities of looking it up, and you will note that who ever told you it was a misrepresentation is talking through their arse.  Quote from Clause 15 of the current karting NSW constitution:

(3) Nominations must be in writing, signed by a nominator and a seconder who must each be
a Member of a Member Club, and accompanied by the written consent of the candidate
who shall submit with the Nomination, a Curriculum Vitae setting out all relevant
knowledge, experience, qualifications and any achievements that specifically demonstrates
their suitability for the particular Directorship sought as well as demonstrated:

There is no provision there for the nomination process to involve a club.  So so long as the person who signed the nomination form is a MEMBER OF A MEMBER CLUB.  

So in that content you have failed to reveal that the nomination process was delayed in the case of the Chairman position, because it would appear that someone is trying to stack the deck, extended the period of closing for those nominations in accordance with the model rules which quotes:

(a) must be made in writing, signed by 2 members of the association and
accompanied by the written consent of the candidate (which may be
endorsed on the form of the nomination), and
(b) must be delivered to the secretary of the association at least 7 days before
the date fixed for the holding of the annual general meeting at which the
election is to take place.

So again Cody who ever has put you up to this hasn't given you all the correct information nor have you are they done any proper checks before lambasting a particular individual on the behest of a 3rd party?

Suddenly the agenda is altered and a third nomination has been put forward for Chairman.  Why do you think that occurred?  The 3rd person nominated was originally a candidate for board position.  That nomination no longer appears, and the same person is now a candidate nominated for the Chairman position by Sydney Kart Club.  Sydney Kart Club has no track, a handful of members, have run about 2 race meetings by stealth by other clubs using their permits over the last 7 or so years.  So who discussed with this person about changing the nomination?

Simply this Mr Laybutt was not mentioned in the ACCC matter.  You would know that but choose to write something else.  You might be able to now define how and why that action was instigated seeing that you have such intimate knowledge of it?

You also neglect in your ramblings that at least 3 current board members of KNSW have been put forward for election at this election for the new Board.

One, removed as the National Treasurer, allowed Premier State Cup to no longer exist and is disliked by most of the karting fraternity in this state.  Another current board member has attended only 11 of 25 Board meetings in his time, yet no where have the current Board taken any action as to why he has failed to attend so many meetings, including 5 in a row.  You would be aware of that Cody as you have carried out proper research before prattling on about 1 individual.

This state is in dire consequences because of a lack of action over a number of years.  That lack of action comes from the clubs who do not read, comprehend nor consult on many issues before voting on them at SKC and now general meetings.

The change in constitution at KNSW will achieve nothing more than having people with a lack of understanding of the sport making decision on the behalf of karters, creating more chaos.  

As you would now be aware the nomination  process has not been conducted correctly, yet the person running the meeting will assert that it has and the names put forward should be voted upon.  The Secretary is charged with conducting the entire process, yet person/s have overly influenced that person in this process.

Before you even go any further, ask these questions:

1. Who wrote the job descriptions for the HR company?

2. Why were they written in such a manner to narrow the expertise to a few?

3. What association do some of the nominations have to KNSW and or KA?

Again 'Cody' your attempt here at defaming an individual, and hide behind a possible pseudonym reeks of an attempt to influence the outcome of an election due to your bias against one man. 

I too have a bias, against the railroading tactics employed by an organization that is supposed to be a representative of the karters who elected them, to administer on their behalf a fair and officious governance of our sport/hobby.  Someting in the main they have failed to do.

All we have seen in the last 3 years, are massive cost increases and falling numbers.

Unless those chosen to represent the karters of NSW, deliver to them what they are crying out for, by listening to their concerns and acting in accordance with those concerns, nothing will change, and in fact will get worse.

Having said all that Cody, I guess you will be at your next club meeting now, putting your self forward for nomination for a position on a committee?  You might then understand the Politics employed by some in an attempt to hold onto the power that makes then so drunk and delirious with power.

Have a nice day researching your information 'Cody', including the spelling of FORWARD.

http://www.kartsportnews.com/2017/08/30/kiwis-broadcast-the-nz-nati...

This link is really worth a read and some might even learn a thing or two from it!

It is not so much progressive, rather in accordance with how we wanted the changes to be in Australia.

the only thing I don't like about it is those stupid team building exercises, they are crap.  You are either a team player or not, these exercises are useless and embarrassing.

Di Smith said:

http://www.kartsportnews.com/2017/08/30/kiwis-broadcast-the-nz-nati...

This link is really worth a read and some might even learn a thing or two from it!

The majority have.

Thomas French said:

Now I wonder where Cody has gone????  He comes on here, throws stones and then runs away and hides, because his argument cannot and will not stack up.

It will be fascinating to listen to the implausible arguments that will be be put up in support of this election process..

The main focus of the constitution in regards to the Chairman position was to oversee what took place within the board meetings, a representative of the karters and clubs to conduit the concerns and wants of those members so that the board can make informed decisions on behalf of the members.

A person with karting experience and knowledge with the acquired skills of karting was the objective recruit.  Now we have Sydney Kart Club nominating a man, and no disrespect to him, although he is highly credentialed in other areas for all intents and purposes has no experience of our sport, 

Take a look at the real issues Cody and get back to us.

Well Cody, if that's your real name, it's easy to make accusations when you hide behind anonymous names. How about a proper introduction?
I have known Max for 8 years or more and have found him to have the highest level of integrity I have come across at that level of our organisation. Together Max and I delivered CM:S to every club in Australia, and I am proud to have worked with him and to achieved so much for karting with him.
You are right, some great people have put there hand up for this election, Max is one of them, I am another, but guess what, my expertise won't be used for the betterment of karting either because KA rejected my nomination without putting it to the club's for a vote. This is how KA is killing off karting in NSW.

Cody must be on his way to the AGM, to explain all about the flawed process of nominations for today's AGM?

But Cody your contacts have failed you, although if you do go to the AGM, you will be confronted with a labyrinth of confusion about how the process has been done in accordance with the new Constitution, that your club undoubtedly voted in favor of.

How the candidates were subject to an HR process, well that is not the single means of applying for a position. That we don't need to have written nominations, even though the constitution stipulates we do.  In accordance with the Act, we must abide by the written constitution, voted in favor, and registered at the Department of Fair Trading.  Not hard to find Cody, it's on the website.

Cody you might then be able to explain to all and sundry here how that process actually works, as you seem to have such an intimate knowledge of everything karting.

The sport/hobby is heading down the path of self destruction, and unfortunately it appears until it self implodes, most won't see it coming until it happens, all too late, because people like you Cody, listen to too much BS, and don't research the fact for your self.

You are quite correct Cody, "KA NSW is in Trouble", but not the way you think.

Now Cody, I previously took exception to your slanderous remarks about Max Laybutt and invited you to introduce yourself properly rather than hide behind an anonymous (first name only) user ID. But you declined, in fact you deleted your Kartbook profile when Max, following KA procedure, contacted you in an attempt to mediate before taking the matter of your slander further. No sooner had Max contacted you inviting you to call him to discuss your post than your KartBook profile disappeared, along with your posts, but not this discussion that you started.

However Cody, you left a trail including a post containing your email address and another containing your phone number and these had already been printed as evidence by Max and myself before you deleted your profile. So Cody, we know you are CODY MCKAY of the Newcastle Kart Racing Club. And now it's time everyone knows who you are and the corrupt actions of KNSW that have followed since the 29th of August.

For a start, your slanderous post appeared on the very evening of a KNSW board meeting, and contained information that could have only come from someone in that board meeting. So discovering you were Cody McKay of Newcastle Kart Racing Club, and a close friend of Danny Ferry, the son of KNSW President Derek Ferry who has it in for Max Laybutt (as evidenced by the events of that meeting); it was more than obvious that the source of your information was Derek Ferry. Whether directly, or through his son Danny, whether Derek put you up to writing the post, or whether Danny put you up to it, or whether you took what you had heard and took it upon yourself to slander Max it does not matter, the fact is you have been used by KNSW to attempt to discredit Max Laybutt (a board member at that time) prior to the KNSW AGM and influence the outcome of an AGM election where Max was nominated for the position of Chairman.

However it came about you have discredited yourself, shame on you.

So what has happened since; when mediation failed because you declined to respond, a complaint was made about you to KNSW and you were called before a Tribunal on the 31/10/2017. Max presented more than enough evidence to prove the KartBook account was yours, moreover, it could be proven beyond dispute by having the Secretary of KNSW view your registered contact details to confirm they were the same, however, the tribunal refused to pursue this and would not allow the KA's own data to be used in evidence. No doubt if you had slandered any other member of the board no stone would be left unturned. But alas, you had only slandered a board member who was not liked by some other board members, including your friend’s father Derek Ferry, and given that you had used privileged information that would undoubtedly lead back to Derek it is no surprise that the Tribunal was a kangaroo court directed to lay no charge against you in order to cover up their corruption.

In the end, it didn't matter because you admitted that you had seen the email sent to you by Max using the email address found in one of your KartBook posts, confirming that the email address in KartBook is yours.

In response to your admission, the Kangaroo Court or a tribunal then tried to turn things around and accuse Max of illegally obtaining your details, what a joke, your phone number and email address were typed by you into your own posts on KartBook and freely available in the public domain. What a disgrace, what a miscarriage of justice!

As I said in my post following your accusations, there is no one in KA who has more integrity than Max Laybutt, no one who has the best interest of karting more at heart. So Cody McKay, of Newcastle Kart Racing Club, KNSW is in Trouble, with leadership that directs the state prosecutor (Kim Freer) to cover-up slander, that displays blatant abuse of power rather than allowing the state prosecutor to be fair and independent and just, with leadership intent on personal motive and not the good of the sport, yes it's people like you and Derek Ferry who have lead to the Trouble KNSW is in. Now thanks to you it is more than clear who wants to be on the KA board for their own personal gain, but it isn't Max as you allege.

Warren Southwell said:

Warren as you have pointed out there was a Tribunal, who were the 3 persons appearing on that tribunal panel.  Any idea?

I have heard that a prominent member of the NKRC was one of them?

If that is true, the plot really does thicken.

Certainly not over yet guys,

and  yes not only a member of NKRC, but a prominent KA Official as well.

Max.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2017   Created by Col Fink.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service