Kartbook

Australian Karting Forum

Massive Investment in New Timekeeping Technology for Karting Australia Clubs.

Todays announcement

Massive Investment in New Timekeeping Technology for Karting Australia Clubs.

Just want to ask 4 questions

1. How much is it costing the karters to upgrade

2. What is the advantage?

3. How is it going to bring new karters into the sport?

4. How will it redress the loss of karters?

Views: 14959

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Warren,

Which legal enttity has access to the source code for CM:S and how is copyright licenced for that source code?

Thanks,

Allan,

Regarding your last point Ian, it seems you are right, most regrettably. At the NSW AGM last weekend a stand was made following considerable discontent by many clubs about the agreement KA wants them to sign. A motion was moved, that the board contact all other states and call a General Meeting of KA. No fewer than 4 hands went up to second it. There was discussion in favour, and no discussion against, but just before the vote, the motion was hijacked by an alternative motion, to basically do nothing. The momentum that had 4 clubs wanting to second the first motion was lost, the clubs caved in and gave up their chance to bring about change, the voted down the first motion and passed the second one. I was shocked and discusted to say the least.
We tried, but were once again beaten by Apathy!

Ian Mooney said:

It seems that no two states will stand up and force a meeting to remove the current board.

So one has to conclude:

1. The states in the majority are happy with the board and its decision making

2. The clubs in the majority are happy with the states support of the board

3. The club members in the majority are happy with the clubs support of the state council

Sadly the only way forward for a change in my opinion is to go elsewhere  unless a few good men (and woman) continue to ask and demand and keep the sheep informed and then follow the torturous path upward !!

cheers

Ian Mooney

Current:

Club and state life member

Former:

Karter - Steward - C of C - Club delegate - State delegate - State president - National vice president

Yes.....no manuals anywhere.....................

Ian Mooney said:

I don't know how an alternative motion could be put to the State meeting if it was not on the original Agenda. How can Club delegates vote if the matter has not even been discussed by their Clubs & directions given to the Club delegate? That is the whole purpose of having an Agenda, so everyone knows what is proposed at the forthcoming meeting. To me the motion was illegal. Hey, but what would I know?
Warren Southwell said:

Regarding your last point Ian, it seems you are right, most regrettably. At the NSW AGM last weekend a stand was made following considerable discontent by many clubs about the agreement KA wants them to sign. A motion was moved, that the board contact all other states and call a General Meeting of KA. No fewer than 4 hands went up to second it. There was discussion in favour, and no discussion against, but just before the vote, the motion was hijacked by an alternative motion, to basically do nothing. The momentum that had 4 clubs wanting to second the first motion was lost, the clubs caved in and gave up their chance to bring about change, the voted down the first motion and passed the second one. I was shocked and discusted to say the least.

Ian Mooney said:

It seems that no two states will stand up and force a meeting to remove the current board.

So one has to conclude:

3. The club members in the majority are happy with the clubs support of the state council

Sadly the only way forward for a change in my opinion is to go elsewhere  unless a few good men (and woman) continue to ask and demand and keep the sheep informed and then follow the torturous path upward !!

cheers

Ian Mooney

Current:

Former:

Karter - Steward - C of C - Club delegate - State delegate - State president - National vice president

Steve the manuals are all on the mylaps website. In the manuals section. There is actually alot of information regarding the whole timing system there.
I for one do not see why the whole timing system had to be upgraded at such a large cost and pushed onto the clubs so soon, but facts are that it is happening.

I would highly doubt that the motion at the last meeting was done in an illegal fashion.
Why would the delegates and board members risk a blatent cause to nullify a movement and spark even more unrest and possible further backlash.
Do all karters now need to buy a new transponder for new ka timing system if so how much will it cost to buy .

It would not be the first time, or the last, that the rules have not been followed. At the end of the day, if the meeting minutes are not clear, or in fact only report the motion being won as put up and the meeting minutes are accepted, that that becomes fact, regardless of what actually happened. Many people don't understand or appreciate due process or the importance of accurate documentation, again, largely through apathy and incompetence.

Benjamin Piper said:

I would highly doubt that the motion at the last meeting was done in an illegal fashion.
Why would the delegates and board members risk a blatent cause to nullify a movement and spark even more unrest and possible further backlash.

No...there is no Orbits 5 manual on that page.....lots of others but no Orbits...............

Benjamin Piper said:

Steve the manuals are all on the mylaps website. In the manuals section. There is actually alot of information regarding the whole timing system there.
I for one do not see why the whole timing system had to be upgraded at such a large cost and pushed onto the clubs so soon, but facts are that it is happening.

This was raised in general business at the request of my club. The discussion went for quite some time, was restarted after morning tea.....(no lobster was served)........at no time was any request made by any club to adjourn the subject, and refer back to the clubs. I would suggest that quite a few clubs abstained from voting.....and the opportunity was lost.  

richard gagie said:

I don't know how an alternative motion could be put to the State meeting if it was not on the original Agenda. How can Club delegates vote if the matter has not even been discussed by their Clubs & directions given to the Club delegate? That is the whole purpose of having an Agenda, so everyone knows what is proposed at the forthcoming meeting. To me the motion was illegal. Hey, but what would I know?
Warren Southwell said:

Ian Mooney said:

So one has to conclude:

cheers

Ian Mooney

Current:

Former:

For those who have used Orbits, is the lap timing data available to the public? or results from other clubs viewable if you didn't compete in the event? My thought is that perhaps they are also trying to hide the participant numbers.

Any club that sends back their current equipment are absolutely stupid in the highest order. Even if they sign on, there should be a big strike through this condition when returned, as if KA are providing the new system for "Free" they have absolutely no right then to ask an exchange of something that belongs to the club, otherwise it is not free at all.

No doubt there will be lots of clubs that will just fold as its just all to hard, either to gutless to stand up for their members and the long term good of their club or just way to complacent to care. (or both)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

© 2017   Created by Col Fink.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service