Kartbook

Australian Karting Forum

How are karters finding the MYCHRON 5?

Views: 3840

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks. When looking at that at them they said they are looking at look are apps for smart phones and iPads.m

I Have found it to be pretty good for Eastern Creek. One thing I have found however, is that you need to use the manual track selection mode as automatic mode is completely clueless about where you are.

For a beginner at least, race studio can be a bit complicated but the mychron at least records a lot of channels.

I think it's a great bit of gear. It picked up my track no worries (Geelong) only issue was one lap it didn't pick up finish line so gave me a double lap. Wasn't best conditions for a gps but worked great.
Also using race studio was good. With the gps and rpm could see where I went wider or took corners different accelerated earlier or braked later and maybe reason for faster/slower lap.

Does anyone else have a new OTK steering wheel, if so, how does your Mychron fit because on mine the battery doesn't fit inside the wheel?

Hi Guys, just installed my Mychron 5 and so far everything seems great, however I need some information about time zone clock settings. I live in Adelside and the only time zone support is Eastern Australia which is 30mins ahead +10:00 hours I need +9:30 ACST.

Also anyone know what temp setting I should have for the water temp alarm for a X30, I am a rookie and not 100% sure what the boiling or danger zone I should indicate the alarm to be set for, currently it's set at 95 degrees celciu.

Another thing the RPM LED lights what range do you have the set at e.g. Light 1 2500, light 2 5000, light 3 8000, light 4 10000, light 5 15000 are the settings I have set.

Also the Temp frequency is set at 20Hz is this correct?

Hope to run the New engine Friday and test all other features, but today I'll be firing it up for the first time.

What's a suitable idle rpm for the X30?

Cheers Frank
X30 temp you want around 55-61 degrees.

Frank Hodak said:
Hi Guys, just installed my Mychron 5 and so far everything seems great, however I need some information about time zone clock settings. I live in Adelside and the only time zone support is Eastern Australia which is 30mins ahead +10:00 hours I need +9:30 ACST.

Also anyone know what temp setting I should have for the water temp alarm for a X30, I am a rookie and not 100% sure what the boiling or danger zone I should indicate the alarm to be set for, currently it's set at 95 degrees celciu.

Another thing the RPM LED lights what range do you have the set at e.g. Light 1 2500, light 2 5000, light 3 8000, light 4 10000, light 5 15000 are the settings I have set.

Hope to run the New engine Friday and test all other features, but today I'll be firing it up for the first time.

Cheers Frank
Thanks

Bryce said:
X30 temp you want around 55-61 degrees.

Frank Hodak said:

Cheers Frank

How does one setup the magnet to the Mychron5? I had my first race meet with the Mychron 5 and it ran faultless, even downloading to my laptop after was easy. Best feature has to be the display open screen with your BIPMAP race number =)

How's everyone finding them now? 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2019   Created by Col Fink.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service