Kartbook

Australian Karting Forum

I need to straighten an OTK 30mm axle. It has a 0.5mm bend in one end. 

Any recommendations for an axle straightening service in Melbourne?

Views: 399

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Any decent kart shop should be able to straighten it for you. We used to do our own & I still have the axle straightening device.

A few years ago I made a "device" that can quickly and very effectively straighten kart axles of any size with the axle either off or still on the kart. Probably not useful information for you though, unless you happen to be near Wingham anytime soon...

Regards,

John.

John, The "device"can also straighten the axle on the kart. This was the preferred method anyway.

john learmonth said:

A few years ago I made a "device" that can quickly and very effectively straighten kart axles of any size with the axle either off or still on the kart. Probably not useful information for you though, unless you happen to be near Wingham anytime soon...

Regards,

John.

Give Greg at Baron a buzz, or maybe even Bob.

Does anyone have pictures or instructions on how to make a axle straightening device as John has mentioned?

thanks

John,

I may take you up on this. I have a spare that has a bend in it and we make the odd appearance at Wingham.

john learmonth said:

Regards,

John.

Adrian, 

Let me know if / when you're heading my way. See what we can arrange. You won't find me at the track though, I'm not currently racing myself and don't really have the spare time to watch other people do it. But I'm not all that far away, about 15 minutes drive. 

Regards,

John.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2018   Created by Col Fink.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service