Kartbook

Australian Karting Forum

Notice of Disciplinary Tribunal from KA for Ken Seeber

17-009%20Ken%20Seeber%20Notice%20to%20Attend%20Disciplinary%20Tribu...   Well, well, well, got this notice to attend a disciplinary tribunal (see attached) from KA. Possibly suggesting I’ve been a bad boy in their eyes.  The evidence they are using is also included in the attachment.

I’ll certainly admit that I have questioned their performance and even taken the piss out of them (eg, the joke), but if they can’t take on board the general theme of my comments (which I’d like to think as constructive in terms of clubs having more autonomy and freedom to allow them to either grow or just survive) from some old retired wanker, then I can only think they are overly paranoid, reacting with intimidation. However, for everything I have posted or written, I have never had any one disagreeing with my perspective on the direction of sprint karting. Possibly I might now, with some taking KA’s side.

I will also admit that I have questioned their financial direction in terms of benefits to the clubs and its members.

I even recently stood down from the position of secretary of the Tiger Kart Club as to its overly ready (in my opinion) acceptance of the terms related to the new Mylaps timing system. To me I couldn’t be part of such an acceptance without any objective discussion. A sad day for me, as I have developed a lot of friends within the club. I have also developed a lot of friends over the last 25 years of general karting involvement.

So there you go. What should I do? Certainly though, I will take on the advice from objective others.

Cheers,

Kensational

“Most people do things because they have to …

…those that get ahead do things because they don't have to …”

– Anonymous

Views: 8768

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I asked because there is a marked difference between "participating at a KA  sanctioned event"  &  attending a KA sanctioned event"". What exactly are suspended from?

Simon Furzer said:

Hey Ken to repeat Richards question "what exactly are you barred from". I hope we can still see you at the track giving advise and having a quiet beer with all the local people who I am sure are 100% behind you. Or have you been banned from attending a KA sanctioned event. Not sure if thats plausable as the Tracks are open to the general public?

FURZ

No "WE" didn't support the change to Governance.

After reading the new constitution I warned that it offered less input from the karters and would allow the problems with AKA to continue with even less accountability.

I guess I was right.

As for fixing this, where the hell are the spineless, gutless, useless state presidents? are they all hiding under the skirts of KA on the gravy train and getting paid off personally or are they just to incompetent selfish self-centred pricks like KA that they are in charge of?

Colin Edwards said:

We karters supported the introduction of the AKA's Social Media Policy given some of the malicious tripe posted on facebook etc by karters defaming other karters. 

Then not so long later we karters supported the introduction of "Governance" - remember that?

Now the Governors exercise the social media policy by actioning those who make "not technically false but still misleading claims".  Look up the meaning of "Governance" - we the karters allowed this!

No matter who you are and no matter how much you have put into karting, all is forgotten when it comes to Governance!

Ken Seeber you are a Champion!

David you have described the State Presidents as "incompetent selfish self-centred pricks ". 

That would be self explanatory given the way in which the nomination, voting and subsequent results of the previous AGM, panned out.  When firstly the notification of the AGM was only sent to each President, and not the State (as the member), 4 States directed its President to vote in a certain way, a nomination was then withdrawn and a person selected into a casual vacancy.  Shows the contempt KA has of its members.

Where did the Presidents band together, citing these anomalies then demand the resignation of the Board???

No, some still run around spruiking what a great job KA are doing, yet are all well aware that numbers have fallen through the floor.

In NSW alone the turn around in the last 12 months is a financial deficiency of $90K from the previous year.

Overall a loss of 23% of participants.  What other company would share holders tolerate the loss of a quarter of its customer base without questions being asked?

I did support a change in Governance, but in hindsight, it is the most damaging thing that I have seen in karting in 20 years.

David Arnold said:

No "WE" didn't support the change to Governance.

After reading the new constitution I warned that it offered less input from the karters and would allow the problems with AKA to continue with even less accountability.

I guess I was right.

As for fixing this, where the hell are the spineless, gutless, useless state presidents? are they all hiding under the skirts of KA on the gravy train and getting paid off personally or are they just to incompetent selfish self-centred pricks like KA that they are in charge of?

Colin Edwards said:

We karters supported the introduction of the AKA's Social Media Policy given some of the malicious tripe posted on facebook etc by karters defaming other karters. 

Then not so long later we karters supported the introduction of "Governance" - remember that?

Now the Governors exercise the social media policy by actioning those who make "not technically false but still misleading claims".  Look up the meaning of "Governance" - we the karters allowed this!

No matter who you are and no matter how much you have put into karting, all is forgotten when it comes to Governance!

Ken Seeber you are a Champion!

Warren one of the nicest guys in karting gets 5 years, Really out of control now.Time to hang the helmet if that’s what head office thinks of our officials 

Warren is most definitely one of the good guys in karting.  Both he and his brother helped me when I wanted to get into the sport.  Many people including myself owe them a debt of gratitude for their services to karting.  I can honestly say that without their help, I would not have been karting today.

It is hard to comprehend what is happening in karting right now. 

This matter is just DISGUSTING, and I will say a lot more about the creeps that think they are in charge of                                        OUR SPORT.

After I have spoken with Warren, who is currently overseas, with difficult communication, and I suspect he may not even know about this, and it could be possible that he was unable to attend his hearing, which would mean that he may not even had the opportunity to defend himself .....................

STAY TUNED.

Max.

Mitch, not hard to understand. Refer to my earlier post in this topic on FIFO.

Any dissenting voices, constructive criticism not welcome under such a system.

Max, they don't think they in charge, they know they are in charge. Otherwise this scandalous state of affairs would not be possible.

There are, however solutions. I have chosen one of them.

My club finds itself in a position, perhaps not of its initial choosing, but that is another solution.

Terry,

I have pondered long and hard over about resigning, and getting away from all this SH--.

HOWEVER, at the moment they are winning, resigning is not the answer, being vocal is, but everybody needs to get onto it.

I have always said that there is not much wrong with the INTENDED, KA System, it is only that we have allowed these people who have very little knowledge, and even less scruples to exclude Karter's from any form of say!! and change things to allow them that luxury

And for the record, I believe that our State Board knew absolutely nothing about Warren's matter, so if you believe that, and I do, except for one of them, then you gotta believe that the top end has absolutely no regard whatever for Justice or the welfare of our sport.. 

What ever happened to the A1 principal, which, I would add KA are very willing to use when it suites them?

There are many matters that have been of concern, But Warren, and Ken? that takes the cake!!

Max.

Max

An email was sent to State office prior to the 'tribunal' hearing informing them that Warren was away, on a cruise, and had was not in a position to attend any meeting, hearing, tribunal or what ever else you would like to refer to it as.

A return receipt was highlighted on that email and it was not opened until the day after the matter was heard and determined.

Now apparently as part of the documents that are sent out to the bad guys, it indicates that if you don't front up then it will be determined 'absentia'.

Should be referred to as Ex Parte'.  An ex parte judicial proceeding is conducted for the benefit of only one party.

None the less, in Warren's defence, surely this man of strict Christian values has had his account hacked?  Obviously others have access to his email and mail to have located this notification in the first instance? Then informed others of the plight?

Now going upon 'case law', in this instance a recent decision made at another tribunal, that an individual was found not guilty of the same offence Warren and others have been accused of when the evidence presented by the 'defendant' was their account had been hacked.  No proof, only the spoken word.

So For all those that now front up to these Kangaroo Courts, simple defence, one line, 'my account must have been hacked'.  Refer to KNSW Tribunal records, and based on that result, you must be cleared.

Then again it maybe not what you know, but who you know, and who doesn't like you.

This entire sport is manifestly out of control with despicable actions by a few. 

If you don't like my comments, feel free to disagree, but don't sook.

Max Laybutt said:

Terry,

I have pondered long and hard over about resigning, and getting away from all this SH--.

HOWEVER, at the moment they are winning, resigning is not the answer, being vocal is, but everybody needs to get onto it.

I have always said that there is not much wrong with the INTENDED, KA System, it is only that we have allowed these people who have very little knowledge, and even less scruples to exclude Karter's from any form of say!! and change things to allow them that luxury

And for the record, I believe that our State Board knew absolutely nothing about Warren's matter, so if you believe that, and I do, except for one of them, then you gotta believe that the top end has absolutely no regard whatever for Justice or the welfare of our sport.. 

What ever happened to the A1 principal, which, I would add KA are very willing to use when it suites them?

There are many matters that have been of concern, But Warren, and Ken? that takes the cake!!

Max.

Neville,

So, "Officially" and by the correct procedure, according to Rule A1, KA were advised of Warren's genuine inability to attend?

But have we missed that the KA National even though they were advised, never had the will (read GUTS) to take Cody on? (Probably because it may have headed towards one of their favoured sons!)) and even KNSW tried every trick in the book to avoid hearing the matter.

And of course the final ruling by the Tribunes in the Cody matter was doubtful, but as you say it has set a "Case Precedent", and in the Warren matter there is actual Proof that Warren was genuinely not available! and  difficult to contact, so even, "Who sent the post" must certainly be a consideration.?

Wonder if they would allow an appeal by Warren on his return?..................  Probably out of time?

And what about A1? I was informed by email in the "Cody" Matter by Mr. Mark Horsley that I had to submit it through KNSW and that he, as a National Officer could not become involved unless KNSW requested he do so?

So who in KNSW requested KA National to become involved? I am told "Not the Board" ........then who?

Seems that they may have changed A1 as it doesn't apply to the Warren Matter.

I really wonder how "Cody" and friends, feel today, he has contributed to the destruction and enjoyment of someone who has done in any one day, more for this sport than Cody and all of his friends combined, have done in their entire miserable lives.

Riddle me this Max,

Under what rule, regulation or policy was this Cody charged under?

Max Laybutt said:

Neville,

So, "Officially" and by the correct procedure, according to Rule A1, KA were advised of Warren's genuine inability to attend?

But have we missed that the KA National even though they were advised, never had the will (read GUTS) to take Cody on? (Probably because it may have headed towards one of their favoured sons!)) and even KNSW tried every trick in the book to avoid hearing the matter.

And of course the final ruling by the Tribunes in the Cody matter was doubtful, but as you say it has set a "Case Precedent", and in the Warren matter there is actual Proof that Warren was genuinely not available! and  difficult to contact, so even, "Who sent the post" must certainly be a consideration.?

Wonder if they would allow an appeal by Warren on his return?..................  Probably out of time?

And what about A1? I was informed by email in the "Cody" Matter by Mr. Mark Horsley that I had to submit it through KNSW and that he, as a National Officer could not become involved unless KNSW requested he do so?

So who in KNSW requested KA National to become involved? I am told "Not the Board" ........then who?

Seems that they may have changed A1 as it doesn't apply to the Warren Matter.

I really wonder how "Cody" and friends, feel today, he has contributed to the destruction and enjoyment of someone who has done in any one day, more for this sport than Cody and all of his friends combined, have done in their entire miserable lives.

I received the following notice from KNSW.

Protest Number:           KNSW-10/17

Rules:                           Breach of KA Cyber Policy

Outcome:                      Protest was dismissed.

I then sent an email asking;

1) Reasons for the Protest being dismissed

2) How I could appeal

3) The Names of the Tribunes

I was advised by KNSW;

1) The Names of the Tribunes.

2) "As State tribunal Registrar, I am unable to comment on the reasons the protest was dismissed."

3) "As the protest was raised by the state I don't believe you are able to appeal."

and the comment;

" I am unable to supply a copy of the digital recording as the recorder failed ..................................etc"

Max.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2017   Created by Col Fink.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service