Kartbook

Australian Karting Forum

There have been a couple of surveys/petitions going around - one from Kartsports news and this one

Make Karting Great Again- Vote no confidence for current KA Board

https://www.change.org/p/make-karting-australia-great-again-vote-no...

Kartsport news survey (last time I looked) had 60% of karters will be doing less karting this year.

With this petition there has been over 100 signatures in the last 24hrs (near 300 now).  I am genuinely concerned about the big loss of participation rates in all clubs which affects every region. For every competitor that races, they bring spectators, suppliers, money to the area ie motels, restaurants, servos etc. It means jobs for people, businesses stay open. Its about families spending time with their kids, kids making life time friends and learning more than just race craft. They learn to abide by rules, they learn public speaking. Support before the regional clubs have closed their doors.

First round of ProTour 132 entries - I remember a few years back you would get that number in just 2 classes.  I am genuinely feeling for the clubs that are struggling due to low entry numbers.   Lack of numbers also means lack of support (ie volunteers) the mums that would help out whilst the kids were racing.  I hope it isn't too late?  Signatures can be anonymous.   

Views: 5922

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ok let me add in here. I did the same a Neville where it is worded as a statement with a question mark. to me this saves the time of writing it twice as it is infact both. it is a statement where by also questioning of other if the facts are correct.

So Richard, perhaps let me make some changes to Neville's posts to claify how I have interpreted it.

So if that percentage is applied across the National licence holder figure, it would equate to somewhere around the 1,400 number, would this be correctWould this not be A significant amount of licence holders to have lost if these numbers are correct?

This is not talking about the 'churn' rate, where you lose one licence holder and pick up a new licence holder, this is an overall loss of total numbers, would it not?

Like a stated earlier, people that are so articulate chose to assume the question mark was the error, rather than the sentence structure, which in the case of my post, that would be an incorrect assumption of my intention.

richard gagie said:

Yes Neville some people just don't know how to use a question mark. Here's a hint. It comes after a Question. In your latest contribution Nev you used 3 question marks but didn't  ask a question. It is not necessary in each of the 3 instances you have used it.  You have made statements not asked questions.

Come on guys - let's not loose sight of the reason for the thread

It really gets my goat when educated ? people say there instead of their but there (  :-)  ) is no point in correcting people for their incorrectness as they're putting across a point that hopefully is more important than the punctuation or grammar of the sentance

This is a statement and not a question OK?

Now back to the importance of getting people involved in chucking out the morons who currently run the sport !

Rant for the day.

Last night I returned the call to someone I didn’t know.  He wanted to know why clubs are not doing anything about voting out the Board. (my reply was basically – people don’t want to cause waves in case they get a ban).  He asked if I was and I told him what I was banned for and he said that can’t be right – you can’t be banned for that.  Well you can, and I was.

There a few people wanting the best for grassroot karting – the petition in now near 550, but I am a bit disappointed with that number, I really thought by now karters would have supported it, signed it, shared it, and then got more people to sign it etc. They don’t have to be karters to sign but just people that care about a family sport closing. Losing the visitors that come to that town and spend money on accom, meals, fuel etc. There was a post to say that maybe lack of signatures is because not enough people have seen it.  But once again maybe karters just don’t care.

I will bet that this will be another year of karters not going to their club to raise a motion to get their President to go to the next SKC meeting to the KA secretary to call a meeting.  It only takes a couple of states to ask the secretary and you can move a vote of no confidence motion. Are these clubs waiting to go totally broke and close and then just walk away?

It would have been great to see all karting kept under one umbrella, how are the rich kids going to improve when they don’t have the talented ones to beat? Well it doesn’t seem that is going to happen, so it is great to see the breakaway clubs winning the fight with kart numbers on the rise.  It would be even better to see other clubs join them.

I think the problem with the alternative is it seems to be taking too long to get off the ground.  The guys are doing excellent jobs promoting their own clubs but that is it.  I am trying to work out why other clubs aren’t considering an alternative (maybe it is easier to put it in the too hard basket, easier to stay with what you know and lose numbers at each race meet).  If you do some research, I was surprised at how many different clubs you can race at outside of KA.  

As stated on a FB page You need to understand where KA sit in the FIA ...KA has been delegated by CAMS to conduct the INTERNATIONAL CLASSES nothing more. That’s because FIA told CAMS (the ASN in Australia) they must conduct the FIA/CIK international classes. e.g.. KF senior and Junior and KZ...KA are NOT the only organisation who are controllers of karting.

This may explain why they have no interest in grassroot karting and don’t care if the smaller clubs close.  It appears that their goal is to get as much money as possible out of grassroot karting to improve their top end (and “wages”). Is the only goal is to keep the bigger clubs that can be built up to an international standard (near an international airport) and stuff the rest?

So, it makes sense to build up the grass root karting under a different umbrella.  I just don’t understand why it isn’t being promoted before too many more people are selling everything to get out of the sport. 

In the last 2 weeks I have had 2 different families that I met in the karting circle to say they will not be re-joining and getting out of karting, we are not giving up karting, and we are not re-joining KA either. (I refuse to donate any more $ to their fund). I miss catching up with my karting friends (we still stay in touch on FB) but it isn’t the same as face to face. So, I hope these karting families will reconsider and join one of those non-KA clubs.

I hope I have the ? "  " etc all correct!

Ian Mooney said:

It really gets my goat when educated ? people say there instead of their but there (  :-)  ) is no point in correcting people for their incorrectness as they're putting across a point that hopefully is more important than the punctuation or grammar of the sentance

Now back to the importance of getting people involved in chucking out the morons who currently run the sport !

I think you have nailed the problem Di.  Most people are running scared.  I continually field calls from people all complaining of the same things in karting, yet they are loathe to stand up or poke their heads up fearing retribution from above.  Some of those people have left the sport.

LOSE not LOOSE . Such as "You have a screw loose"or "Don"'t have any marbles to lose". There ends the lesson. Well nobody was saying anything on this topic anyway.

Ian Mooney said:

I wondered if anyone would pick up on that  :)

Nice to see that post are sometimes read  and not just depending on whether  the weather is ok or the fact that the wether doesn't have any !!

Cheers

Well one of the funniest comments I've heard of recent times describing the way karting is going is 'KAtostrophic'. 

HAHAHA, well I would laugh a lot more if it wasn't so totally accurate and a total disaster.

Neville Scullion said:

Well one of the funniest comments I've heard of recent times describing the way karting is going is 'KAtostrophic'. 

Hello everyone. I've recently joined Toowoomba Lockyer Valley kart club and wasn't aware of the sinister problems that permeate KA management and strategy until recently. Fortunately we joined a club that shows great care and concern for its members and their needs. We're just a typical Aussie battler family with two kids who really love to kart. Toowoomba president Tom is always at the track making it happen. He helps lift karts on and off trolleys, looks at our mechanical issues and makes us feel it's our club. We are only new to karting but we know genuine, helpful and selfless people when we see them. Thanks to Tom and TLVKC for welcoming us into your karting family. We are the lucky ones and We know we'll be here for years to come.

There are many great, genuine, helpful and knowable people in karting, unfortunately, none of them are currently part of the management of this (what was once) great sport. Those that were, have been booted out for having a difference of opinion, then many have since been expelled for voicing their concerns with the direction taken by KA.

Mick sternbeck said:

Hello everyone. I've recently joined Toowoomba Lockyer Valley kart club and wasn't aware of the sinister problems that permeate KA management and strategy until recently. Fortunately we joined a club that shows great care and concern for its members and their needs. We're just a typical Aussie battler family with two kids who really love to kart. Toowoomba president Tom is always at the track making it happen. He helps lift karts on and off trolleys, looks at our mechanical issues and makes us feel it's our club. We are only new to karting but we know genuine, helpful and selfless people when we see them. Thanks to Tom and TLVKC for welcoming us into your karting family. We are the lucky ones and We know we'll be here for years to come.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2018   Created by Col Fink.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service