Kartbook

Australian Karting Forum

hi guys

my brm one kart was stolen last night out of my van at ormeau Queensland the go kart is black and silver with a orange floor pan it has a x30 motor on it. if any body has any information please contact me on 0433509550

thanks matthew chapman

Views: 745

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Scum....

will pass it on to Archerfield

thankyou

these thieves seem to be doing the rounds with the amount of karts and trailers getting stolen and they must be working in groups  because they carried our kart which also had lead weight on it over the top of our ute  without marking it. 

Graham,

Saw you had your van for sale recently. Could a potential buyer have spotted the kart? How would anyone know you had a kart? A BRM kart should not be difficult to spot at the track. Sorry for Matt's loss mate.

Richard

Thanks Richard we put the van up for sale after the kart was stolen we also have a gokart trailer.Matt had taken nearly 12 mths off karting and he had just started up again the kart had just been put in the van again, as you said a brm one kart is not a common kart in SE QLD.

Graham

Similar thing happened to us.  The thieves wore gloves when they broke into the trailer and then lifted the kart up over the roofs of and out between two cars.

Problem being,  is there a correlation between theft of karts in and around the SE Qld area of late. 

Did the guys at Archerfield ever get their gear back?

Graham Chapman said:

these thieves seem to be doing the rounds with the amount of karts and trailers getting stolen and they must be working in groups  because they carried our kart which also had lead weight on it over the top of our ute  without marking it. 

As far as I know they did get them back, and some guys have been charged!

Do you have pictures of it and a chassis number please. With Auskart registration we require the chassis and engine numbers to be put on the scrutineering sheets. If You can let us know the the chassis number we can keep an eye out for you. Chances are if some intend to race it it will look different to how you had it.

BRM ONE karts dont have a chassis number and the engine number was on matts phone but like most  younger people he has changed that more times than i have had hot dinners so that got lost.and where the engine was broght from had no record either.To top things off our insurance company told us toget a quote to replace the kart then declined the claim butt offered us $1000 ex gratia payment for being such long term customers with them.  

Sorry to hear guys... Who is your insurer Graham? It would be nice to know who NOT to insure with.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2019   Created by Col Fink.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service