Kartbook

Australian Karting Forum

Dear KA


PLEASE put TaG Restriced on MG REDS !!!

WHY would TaG125 be on MG REDS with Duro of 61
and TaG Restriced on Dunlop DFH with Duro of 56 (SOFTER TYRE) ?

WHY does every child - B/stone, Dunlop and MG - need to win a prize ?

Harder and longer wearing tyres are in the best interests of Driver Ability, 
those who pay the bills and Clubs ensuring more entries and more affordable karting ...

Did a karter at a Nationals at Ipswich take their allocated B/stone YDS to the Gold Coast track
and put 200 laps on them ? Affordable long life tyres if the compound is good and consistant !

Views: 1402

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Tag 125 are on mg yellow not reds and tag Restriced are on dunlop DFM

And .... back in the day it was the Dunlop SL1 that kids would go and put a lot of laps on to get them fast.

Jeez Smithy, wrong on both counts. Perhaps not best to comment at 11pm on a Friday. I was at Ipswich for the Nationals in 2003 (?) & definitely Dunlop SL1. Bridgestone YDS were in the end of the 1990's.

And... after YDS both seniors and kids were on the YEQ

Which while great for me because  I got my juniors hand me down and he got the new ones.

However all of us that had been in the sport for longer than 5 minutes were puzzled by the stupidity off putting Midgets and Rookies on a soft tyre as they did not learn kart handling - they just went flat out the entire lap

>

>

Fast forward 20 years and the "suitably qualified" people we put in charge learnt nothing

The Bridgestone tyres were not that bad but let down by very bad batch inconsistencies hence the move to tyre pooling.

Now that has gone too ????????

There are rumours that TAG are going to MG reds

 

LAWRIE SANDONA said:

Tag 125 are on mg yellow not reds and tag Restriced are on dunlop DFM

MG reds in both TaG restricted & TaG . That's a win for the average Club karter. Isn't that what it's all about? MG reds are a perfect tyre for these classes.You know just how it used to be ! It became an issue because there was a greater "commission"from other manufacturers.

Some of the discussion today.

Doesn't matter what tyre is used, if it is on KA's approved list, KA get their royalty.

I heard that a tyre selected for a breakaway club is considered a good club choice, but comes from outside the KA list, so no KA royalty. But I am unable to confirm the accuracy of that last statement.

Bridgestone YDS were awesome for National classes up until 20 years ago, about 10 meetings with very little drop off. YEQ were also a good tyre until the inconsistency batch to batch filtered in, but even so, gave several meetings with very little drop off.

One of the unfortunate aspects of modern tyres (my opinion, but I could be wrong), is that they are apparently more environmentally friendly in use due to the various solvents in use. Perhaps that has something with the perceived lack of consistent lap times over several meetings????

Tag will be yellows next year.... do you honestly think we will end up on a tyre that will save us money?
That would mean someone is losing money

Why would anyone want the MG red, the drop off is huge after 1 meeting.....albeit it remained consistent after that.  This is not suitable for club day racing as again people who can afford it will buy tyres every meeting if there is the massive gain that there is.

The decision regarding tyres should not be a commercial one.....both Tag and TagR should be on the same tyre.  I believe the DFM would suit both.

If youre talking about the mg red we used to run in clubman you would have to be joking me.

By huge, do you mean about 1 tenth?

I used to get 4-5 meetings from a set of tyres and loose about 1 tenth between club day meetings (I month apart). I think that is pretty good and often with my kart and setup, and being able to chase a set of tyres with setup is the key.

After the 5th meeting then grip dropped off the cliff, but mostly due to no tread left on the tyre.

I have not run on the DFM so I can not comment on a comparison.
 
Paul Morgan said:

Why would anyone want the MG red, the drop off is huge after 1 meeting.....albeit it remained consistent after that.  This is not suitable for club day racing as again people who can afford it will buy tyres every meeting if there is the massive gain that there is.

The decision regarding tyres should not be a commercial one.....both Tag and TagR should be on the same tyre.  I believe the DFM would suit both.

No I am talking about a new set vs a set a meeting old.  At my track there was a at least a .5 difference.

David Arnold said:

By huge, do you mean about 1 tenth?

I used to get 4-5 meetings from a set of tyres and loose about 1 tenth between club day meetings (I month apart). I think that is pretty good and often with my kart and setup, and being able to chase a set of tyres with setup is the key.

After the 5th meeting then grip dropped off the cliff, but mostly due to no tread left on the tyre.

I have not run on the DFM so I can not comment on a comparison.
 
Paul Morgan said:

Why would anyone want the MG red, the drop off is huge after 1 meeting.....albeit it remained consistent after that.  This is not suitable for club day racing as again people who can afford it will buy tyres every meeting if there is the massive gain that there is.

The decision regarding tyres should not be a commercial one.....both Tag and TagR should be on the same tyre.  I believe the DFM would suit both.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Photos

  • Add Photos
  • View All

© 2019   Created by Col Fink.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service