Kartbook

Australian Karting Forum

I used to be a KA member. I never had problems or saw major issues. Of course I didn’t know anything else. I’ve now been a member of a qld rural club for two years and issues such as favouritism and bullying are rife at my club. The club president has been involved in fist fights with members while there have been incidents of multiple members beating up a single member. Court cases are in progress and innocent members have been banned. Now this sounds a bit like home and away but it’s real. The favouritism shown by the president and some club officials is clearly provable and devastating to many members. For example last Sunday’s race meeting has been promoted as a club day with no championship points available. This info is still available on the club website now. Therefore some members took the day away for whatever reason. But they’ve now been told that there was a vote on the said Raceday to overturn the rules and make it a championship meeting with full points. WHAT? So many drivers have lost their positions in the championship and they weren’t even there to vote. Simply because they followed the rules of the club. Now this apparent vote, I say apparent because I was there on the day but was not aware of the vote, is definitely against club constitution and outside the rules of fairness, sportsmanship and honesty. Don’t be surprised though to know all those drivers accused of receiving special favouritism were there on the day. So independent clubs and their dictators can easily break rules, constitutions and obviously do whatever they like when it suits them. Is this acceptable? Is this what leaving KA means? Does this blatant cheating go on in all clubs?

Views: 2877

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Laura Rexon writes>>>>

“I’ve now been a member of a qld rural club for two years and issues such as favouritism and bullying are rife at my club.”

This needs clarification….!!  .”Laura Rexon” is NOT a member of Toowoomba Kart club, and no registration of application has ever been submitted by a “Laura Rexon” to join, or become a member of the Toowoomba Kart Club , so she must  either be a member of another regional Qld Kart Club that is NOT a KA club ..!!!

Laura Rexon also wrote …>>>>(on the 24th October)

“last Sunday’s race meeting has been promoted as a club day with no championship points available. This info is still available on the club website now. Therefore some members took the day away for whatever reason. But they’ve now been told that there was a vote on the said Raceday to overturn the rules and make it a championship meeting with full points.”

Again “Laura Rexon” seems to make a habit of making incorrect , misinformed and untruthful statements – The meeting she refers to on 21st October , presumably at Toowoomba, carried NO points for Club Championship , and that remains so – there was no  “apparent” meeting of members – no vote – no constitutional  violation,  and no drivers were given preference over others .. …so IF  “Laura Rexon “was at the meeting, then it must have been a vision she experienced that no one else did.!

“Laura Rexon” goes on to claim..>>> The club president has been involved in fist fights with members while there have been incidents of multiple members beating up a single member. Court cases are in progress and innocent members have been banned.

Again ‘Laura Rexon” makes false, misleading and totally unfounded statements regarding the Club President – In fact “Laura Rexon” would be more informed if she were to seek the correct information from the club committee instead of “inventing” stories.. It is recorded and documented  in club records that last year, we had an incident where a competitor attacked an official at the circuit – the Committee after investigating the incident, placed a 12 month withdrawal of club privileges on that person.

On ocassions the Club officials have had to instruct members to comply with correct dress rules - equipment rules etc and some people just cannot accept those requirements and want to do what they want...

This year we had another member attack and physically assault the club President  – which caused hospital treatment – the matter was reported  to , and investigated  by the police, and that club member  has been charged by the police, and court proceeding are in place – as a consequence, the committee has suspended that members privileges until the outcome of the police charges and court case has been completed – we have been informed the offender has requested mediation on the matter, and that has been refused by the police.

No innocent persons have been banned or suspended by the Club as is claimed by “Laura Rexon”

I might suggest “Laura Rexon”  it's  time to use your real name and stop the BS …!!

Comments in bold are by Ralph van Doorn – Secretary of the Toowoomba Kart Club Inc.

Ralph van Doorn. by this last part of the first post,

So independent clubs and their dictators can easily break rules, constitutions and obviously do whatever they like when it suits them. Is this acceptable? Is this what leaving KA means? Does this blatant cheating go on in all clubs?

I have made the assumption that all of this is referring to a NON-KA club, but it may not all be as it seems either.

I have said my part in this and was starting to think something was amiss. I for one am glad Ralph as had a say as I'm looking at racing Toowoomba next year (time to dust the old clubby off) and was sure it wouldn't be Toowoomba having this drama. A few things have been made clearer and I now have my own ideas where this has come from. Hoping to come up and have a look at the November meet so hopefully see a lot of happy faces having fun like it should be. 

Hi guys. I didn’t write this to point the finger st any club. Though some information I have given has made it obvious. No there is no misinformation in my post. It is what it is. I can’t accept the bullying any longer so just wanted a bit of help. Thank you to all those who sincerely offered their experience and advise. To those who wish to live in dishonesty and denial. Good luck to you. Regards. 

Rough Van Doors. Thanks for your reply. It’s appreciated. I’ve never experienced a reasonable response from you in person. Not more than a grunt. Obviously a public post has effected some change in attitude. The reversal of championship points is also a win for the small guys. Thank you. It’s expected you have and present a favourable view of the assaults and bullying between club members and the committee. It’s not at all accurate. But at least it’s a public acknowledgement. Thank you for that. And after watching club members bullied, banned, beaten up and belittled do you think I would use my exact name. Duh. That would be painting the biggest bullseye on my back. At least you probably wouldn’t bash a woman but definitely repercussions. So. Something good has come from something bad. Let’s see if we can get a little more honesty, less favouritism and bullying from the big boys. The club president spends too much time in court protecting his actions as it is. You definitely don’t want more court cases. Thanks again everyone, sorry if this post has disturbed anyone. Have fun. It’s all meant to be fun. Laura (KP) Rexon. 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2018   Created by Col Fink.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service