Kartbook

Australian Karting Forum

Is Karting Australia flexing it's muscles with the above? You betcha!

Are the State bodies scared of KA? You betcha!

Will the Clubs/State bodies do anything? No way!

Is there a right of Appeal to a decision to a ruling by KA Tribunal-Dispute Resolution? Refer Rule 1.13 (a) binding (b) appeal on a 'ground of error of law only'. I read this that you cannot appeal the length of sentence.

KA's major income source is the average joe who competes at Club level. Lose him & you have lost the start of the income stream!

Views: 60904

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Neville, you are falling back to wanting an organisation that is proven not to work even given the safeguards built in to it. The real reason it won't work and I have raised this a thousand times in the past is that the members are not active in the clubs and the delegates are not directed by the club and that direction if given is not adhered to by the delegates if and when they attend meetings as they should. In my days of being a member of WKC which then had a very large membership it was not unusual to have only ten members at a meeting as they simply were not interested and it is when this disinterest is allowed to flourish that the system breaks down. Had the system worked there would have been no need to invoke the governance model in the first place which was my contention back then. We are now at the same point in this discussion that we were over ten years ago and you are advancing the same arguments as were advanced then. I miss Ralph, where is he? 

The other ironic part of all this is those in KA who are living the good life and have the control are reading this and smiling knowing they are safe because no one will do anything about it. 

Neville Scullion said:

Chris the states in this instance are totally autonomous to the KA, yet fail at every level to perform as such

As you will note Toowoomba Club have rejected a KA directive to remove Mr McCleverty and Van Dorn.  Each state has the capability of making its own decisions in accordance with its own members, but it appears each state relents to the pressure exerted upon it by KA.

In NSW permits are issued by KNSW on behalf of the DSR.

The executive of the state and national bodies should be deemed to be a 'coordinating' body, not dictatorial.  There should be consultation leading to cohesion.

Chris Parks said:

Neville, your points are exactly why belonging to an affiliate causes issues, the longer the line of communication the less gets done, keep it local and the members have a true voice in the management decisions important to the club and can carry them out without hindrance from an organisation that does nothing except cause problems. If the members are shown the benefits of being autonomous then allowed to make that decision I would be surprised if they did not vote to leave.   

You are so right about the apathy, but that is indicative of all organizations.  There are members and there are active members, which normally amount to 10% of that membership base.  WKRC has a better than average percentage in the main of members attending meetings I believe and the club is run along the lines of democracy.  The majority rule.

The 10% of the membership base are the ones who are the experts in the field, they are the one's who arrange and run race meetings, know what the karter wants and needs and make every attempt at delivering for them.  The volunteer base is what keeps this sport/hobby running and without that, the thing will simply fail.  It is noticeable how difficult it is becoming to fill those volunteer roles.

I am also a member of far larger organization that karting, and I am surveyed at least once a week about different aspects of the sport, how to improve it and how to make attending a better experience.  I know that through that survey at least two of my responses have been actioned (probably not because of my response but the majority of responses were in line with that same thinking).

Chris Parks said:

Neville, you are falling back to wanting an organisation that is proven not to work even given the safeguards built in to it. The real reason it won't work and I have raised this a thousand times in the past is that the members are not active in the clubs and the delegates are not directed by the club and that direction if given is not adhered to by the delegates if and when they attend meetings as they should. In my days of being a member of WKC which then had a very large membership it was not unusual to have only ten members at a meeting as they simply were not interested and it is when this disinterest is allowed to flourish that the system breaks down. Had the system worked there would have been no need to invoke the governance model in the first place which was my contention back then. We are now at the same point in this discussion that we were over ten years ago and you are advancing the same arguments as were advanced then. I miss Ralph, where is he? 

The other ironic part of all this is those in KA who are living the good life and have the control are reading this and smiling knowing they are safe because no one will do anything about it. 

Neville Scullion said:

Chris the states in this instance are totally autonomous to the KA, yet fail at every level to perform as such

As you will note Toowoomba Club have rejected a KA directive to remove Mr McCleverty and Van Dorn.  Each state has the capability of making its own decisions in accordance with its own members, but it appears each state relents to the pressure exerted upon it by KA.

In NSW permits are issued by KNSW on behalf of the DSR.

The executive of the state and national bodies should be deemed to be a 'coordinating' body, not dictatorial.  There should be consultation leading to cohesion.

Chris Parks said:

Neville, your points are exactly why belonging to an affiliate causes issues, the longer the line of communication the less gets done, keep it local and the members have a true voice in the management decisions important to the club and can carry them out without hindrance from an organisation that does nothing except cause problems. If the members are shown the benefits of being autonomous then allowed to make that decision I would be surprised if they did not vote to leave.   

You are not suggesting that the powers that be should actually ask what others want, then actually listen, and even then try to put it into action are you Neville? Surely a statement like that will land you a ban from karting for sure. :-P

And there lies the difference between those working to improve a sport for the majority and those improving the sport for themselves. :-(

Neville Scullion said:

I am also a member of far larger organization that karting, and I am surveyed at least once a week about different aspects of the sport, how to improve it and how to make attending a better experience.  I know that through that survey at least two of my responses have been actioned (probably not because of my response but the majority of responses were in line with that same thinking).

I always took active members to be those that either worked in the management of the club or raced, those that did neither if not a parent always puzzled me. My thoughts on what I see discussed here is that no one has ever taken action and no one ever will. 

Chris action has been proposed but isn't supported because a majority of people ore being bluffed, bullied and coerced.  they do not enter into the politics for what ever reason, fear, disenchantment, uninterested rolled into one word apathy.  Go to a race meeting and listen to the complaints, yet the majority of those complaining simply do nothing more. 

Chris Parks said:

I always took active members to be those that either worked in the management of the club or raced, those that did neither if not a parent always puzzled me. My thoughts on what I see discussed here is that no one has ever taken action and no one ever will. 

The present organization has given up all power to the National body, who have taken a path which fails to support club racing. A new body would allow local decisions to be made that would aid the viability of clubs. And the clubs supply the $500,000 that was spent on AKC last year.

Chris Parks said:

Why is a new association needed? Simply put it isn't. 

Niven Riches said:

A new association has started up here in Sydney. AKRA had 40 or so first meeting at the old Gong track.

They had classes for the old J and S as well as tag ones, Arrive and drive as well.

They picked a shocker of a weekend for there first meet with EC and the 12hr on at Bathurst, Over time I really hope it grows and spreads

We are getting raped & pillaged & are meant to enjoy it , What do we the club racer get for our money ?

Poorer!  lol

Brian Cossor said:

We are getting raped & pillaged & are meant to enjoy it , What do we the club racer get for our money ?

You have a CEO of Karting Australia that has forced people who are passionate about karting, have volunteered more time and work than this person would ever do for karting in Australia, that have put facts and truths on social media because they were seeing a sport spiralling backwards – then dragged through a Kangaroo Court and given hefty to life bans – yet he himself has commented a lot worse on Twitter about AFL and other subjects?

The number of snips from Twitter by this man one would consider him to be an continual cyber bully which include;

• comments about Caroline Wilson a leading sports journalist and TV and Radio personality.
  • His concerned about numbers “Remind me how many goals has she kicked during her career again”
  • Accuses the VFL of match fixing in regard to umpiring
  • If you’re going to make contact with an umpire, make sure you do it on purpose
  • Embarrassing bunch of losers
  • Tara Brown is delusional about self-importance. Report, not make the news and do no harm. 60Min fail on all counts
  • Gil gets lots of simple decisions wrong. Should have surveyed clubs.
  • It’s almost like the constant tinkering with rules makes if difficult.
  • Mcdevitt – the most reviled inconsistent and hypocritical person in Aust sport
  • I didn’t know that lunatic was still in the Senate.  Time for a vote.
  • Oh, to be AFL footballer. Put on a suit smile and get away with the crime.  The law is an ass. No justice here.

This is just a very few examples of the CEO malicious comments on Twitter so how can this man be taken seriously while he has discredit others who have only had karting at heart. 

If he was not concerned about his comments on social media - why has he now deleted his twitter account?

It is time the Karting Board reconsider the outcomes of these Kanagaroo Court decisions.

Haha what an absolute hypocritical vindictive sexist pig. Maybe it's time for you to front up to the Kangaroo Court yourself you stupid fool. Despite your massive ego you are not above the law you wanker.

Bahahahahahahaha

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2018   Created by Col Fink.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service