Kartbook

Australian Karting Forum

what's going on with karting?

I've just purchased the whole kit to get my 7 year old son into it.

When I was younger there were full fields at club days. Rookies would have at least 15-20 entries.

Now they struggle to get 6 in cadet 9, i wouldn't call it grass roots motor sport when there are hardly any in the field.

Is it the norm for this time of year or has karting just gone quiet?

Views: 6695

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes but just Ken would have been a sole beneficiary of the decision and not several other mates of KA..
Andy Venables said:
The sport could have had parity at a fraction of the cost. Ken Seeber at Strike had the simple fix. Anyone who's interested can do their research and find his letter to the KA and make their own conclusion now with the benefit of hindsight
True David. Cant argue that point. Would it have been a better result for the karter in terms of cost and fairness? I think so. Its the karting community that is important. Someone would have ended up benefiting financially anyway which i dont begrudge. Thats business. As long as its transparent.My opinion is simply, was it a fairer option? Would it have worked? I believe yes. Compared to the current system i think it would been fine. That is of course with the benefit of hindsight

Transparency... theres another buzz word that hasn't yet been acted on.. Time was right for an overhaul but how that occured is the issue and how they tied up contracts that were not to the benefit of the average karter. It stinks what they did.

Andy Venables said:
True David. Cant argue that point. Would it have been a better result for the karter in terms of cost and fairness? I think so. Its the karting community that is important. Someone would have ended up benefiting financially anyway which i dont begrudge. Thats business. As long as its transparent.My opinion is simply, was it a fairer option? Would it have worked? I believe yes. Compared to the current system i think it would been fine. That is of course with the benefit of hindsight

We were low budget karters who managed to enjoy success with J's (not $5000 engines) and had just acquired Clubmans that made us competitive.  To have our engines made redundant over night was the end for us.

I enjoyed the years Scott, Jenny and I travelled as much as we did.  I feel sorry for the low budget person now, as I don't think they can do it the way we did.

Yep. Karting is a shadow of what it is now and what it should be. To answer Trents original question, what happened to karting, the wrong people are managing it. Some administrators are in there just doing what they've always done because they know no different. Administrating without a care in the world. Corporate people that are involved in multiple boards etc. Malcolm Turnbull types. Out of touch with joe average. couple of others are just in there for themselves. One fellow in there is good but he's outnumbered.The rest are just yes men. Trent, if your still reading this thread, google up the people on the board and see what comes up. Very interesting stuff. Karting is now what it is and it will not return to the masses in the near future if at all.There is some good to the change but not much. Read the WOSR thoroughly and do your research then talk to the karters that have been banned, taken to court or retired due to dismay. Or just forget all this rubbish and go kart racing somewhere :)

And yet we do have a significant number of people who say it's all just fine,  I like it how it is now, never been better. What are these people taking, bet it's expensive...

Regards,

John.

Yes john. It just has to affect them a bit before they change their minds. When they start missing events more often than normal or cant get their motor rebuilt due to costs, motels arent a viable prospect etc then their opinion might change. Like mine did.

Yes, it's all roses, until it starts affecting you personally. Until then the problem is at best academic, and at worst the figment of a whining fringe of pathetic dispensable losers (which for too many is the definition of anyone less well off, smug and self satisfied than oneself).

Unfortunately with such people, this complacent insular attitude is not restricted to matters related only to karting...

Regards,

John.

John

Agreed. (Insert sad face)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2018   Created by Col Fink.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service