Kartbook

Australian Karting Forum

KA%20Disaffiliation%20Submission.pdf

The above document is a response to the most recent email letter from KA regarding the KNSW decision to push for disaffiliation with KA.

Enjoy the read.

Views: 5210

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How long till QLD follows suit? 

Hopefully we dont end up like the usa with no sanctioning body. 

Edit: double post

By sanctioning body, you mean national organisation? Well I guess this is the scare tactics that KA have been relying on to hold their crippling grip on karters.

But I would still say that you would be better off just racing within your state with large numbers of karters, than to go to these "national" events and be just racing the fast dwindling remaining KA karters left in the sport, which is the way it is rapidly heading with KA at the moment.

Remember  the Track Development Fund administered by Karting Australia? Must have about $2 million in it. These monies belong to the States to improve amenities for the grass roots karter. Each State can access this money if KA is liquidated. Is KNSW just going to walk away from hundreds of thousands of karters dollars?

Richard,

KNSW have been very lucky to find a group of really truly professional people to fill the current board position.

Their actions to date would strongly suggest they are not ready to "Walk away" from anything ........ if some people in KA woke up to that then it would all be a lot easier for everyone.

Max.

They cannot access the money anyway cause KA won't let them. Hard to walk away from something if you never really had it in the first place.

richard gagie said:

Remember  the Track Development Fund administered by Karting Australia? Must have about $2 million in it. These monies belong to the States to improve amenities for the grass roots karter. Each State can access this money if KA is liquidated. Is KNSW just going to walk away from hundreds of thousands of karters dollars?

Richard, the TDF is a discretionary trust. AKA Inc was the trustee, there is now a debate as to whether there is a resolution of the old NKC that appoints KA as trustee and AKA Inc resigns. It seems not.

Point noted Graeme but as it stands KA is the Trustee of the TDF (Trust) & it would need to be wound up to displace it (KA) as Trustee & therefore in control of nearly $2 million of KARTERS funds. Whether the appropriate resolution was passed is yet to be determined

Graeme Hancock said:

Richard, the TDF is a discretionary trust. AKA Inc was the trustee, there is now a debate as to whether there is a resolution of the old NKC that appoints KA as trustee and AKA Inc resigns. It seems not.

Gday David. Yes, i meant national organisation as a governing body. Someone who can dictate classes, structure, timing systems and insurance etc. 

I am all for seeing KA go down the drain, the limited exposure i have to them seems to be entirely fractuous and even fraudulent in behaviour. The fact they refuse to disclose information to their members seems nothing short of fishy. But i don’t want to see Karting in Australia turn into the shambles that the USA karting scene is, where individual promotors run independant series and every club has their own set of rules. In the US, as merely an example, with no sanctioning national body it has descended into utter Chaos in southern florida where the 4 major tracks within a few hours of each other have such different classes that you need 4 different karts because there is no common class structure. 

At least in Aus the whole country has the same classes (forgetting the fact you are limited in choices) across the nation. So a family in qld could theoretically run a tag125r anywhere without needing to change everything. I’d like to see that remain, but certainly would like more freedom in motor and tyre choices. Ie 4ss, 60cc, 100cc, 125, open and kz classes. But just with each motor restricted for parity etc. 

hope that makes sense... it does in my mind but in text it doesnt read as iclearly as intend......it might be friday afternoon beersi terfeering.

David Arnold said:

By sanctioning body, you mean national organisation? Well I guess this is the scare tactics that KA have been relying on to hold their crippling grip on karters.

But I would still say that you would be better off just racing within your state with large numbers of karters, than to go to these "national" events and be just racing the fast dwindling remaining KA karters left in the sport, which is the way it is rapidly heading with KA at the moment.

I read the documents and very important sentence they are leaving KA Ltd but not AKA Inc, each State is a member of AKA Inc. 

Greg Meller said:

Gday David. Yes, i meant national organisation as a governing body. Someone who can dictate classes, structure, timing systems and insurance etc. 

I am all for seeing KA go down the drain, the limited exposure i have to them seems to be entirely fractuous and even fraudulent in behaviour. The fact they refuse to disclose information to their members seems nothing short of fishy. But i don’t want to see Karting in Australia turn into the shambles that the USA karting scene is, where individual promotors run independant series and every club has their own set of rules. In the US, as merely an example, with no sanctioning national body it has descended into utter Chaos in southern florida where the 4 major tracks within a few hours of each other have such different classes that you need 4 different karts because there is no common class structure. 

At least in Aus the whole country has the same classes (forgetting the fact you are limited in choices) across the nation. So a family in qld could theoretically run a tag125r anywhere without needing to change everything. I’d like to see that remain, but certainly would like more freedom in motor and tyre choices. Ie 4ss, 60cc, 100cc, 125, open and kz classes. But just with each motor restricted for parity etc. 

hope that makes sense... it does in my mind but in text it doesnt read as iclearly as intend......it might be friday afternoon beersi terfeering.

David Arnold said:

There is no such legal entity known as KA Ltd. Karting Australia (KA) is the registered business name of Australian Karting Association Ltd which is a company formed in 2013 to take over the operations of AKA Inc. ( an Incorporated Association). Each State was a member of AKA Inc. & are now the members of AKA Ltd. so nothing has changed there.

knsw and ka inc.....own property together.....that's why inc still exists ..

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2019   Created by Col Fink.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service