Kartbook

Australian Karting Forum

KA%20Disaffiliation%20Submission.pdf

The above document is a response to the most recent email letter from KA regarding the KNSW decision to push for disaffiliation with KA.

Enjoy the read.

Views: 5103

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I get what you are saying and agree, But.....

At the rate they are going.... well there would be no karting anywhere. When a single club that has left KA now has a significant % of total state participation, then it would seem that if the whole of one state took this approach, it is likely that that state would command more participation than the rest of the states combined. Racing out side of the state would then be of little attraction, where class sizes were only 3 or 4 karts.

But I do agree that a national rules adds depth to karting.

Regards

Greg Meller said:

Gday David. Yes, i meant national organisation as a governing body. Someone who can dictate classes, structure, timing systems and insurance etc. 

I am all for seeing KA go down the drain, the limited exposure i have to them seems to be entirely fractuous and even fraudulent in behaviour. The fact they refuse to disclose information to their members seems nothing short of fishy. But i don’t want to see Karting in Australia turn into the shambles that the USA karting scene is, where individual promotors run independant series and every club has their own set of rules. In the US, as merely an example, with no sanctioning national body it has descended into utter Chaos in southern florida where the 4 major tracks within a few hours of each other have such different classes that you need 4 different karts because there is no common class structure. 

At least in Aus the whole country has the same classes (forgetting the fact you are limited in choices) across the nation. So a family in qld could theoretically run a tag125r anywhere without needing to change everything. I’d like to see that remain, but certainly would like more freedom in motor and tyre choices. Ie 4ss, 60cc, 100cc, 125, open and kz classes. But just with each motor restricted for parity etc. 

hope that makes sense... it does in my mind but in text it doesnt read as iclearly as intend......it might be friday afternoon beersi terfeering.

David Arnold said:

By sanctioning body, you mean national organisation? Well I guess this is the scare tactics that KA have been relying on to hold their crippling grip on karters.

But I would still say that you would be better off just racing within your state with large numbers of karters, than to go to these "national" events and be just racing the fast dwindling remaining KA karters left in the sport, which is the way it is rapidly heading with KA at the moment.

Any updates?

Have a look at Karting NSW FB page - plenty is going on  - they are doing an awesome job.  Open, transparent and working with the karter.  They were inundated with Expressions of Interest.

Terry Sheedy said:

Any updates?

Latest correspondence  Notice-under-203D-signed.pdf

90% of NSW Karters voted and it would be similar numbers in other States.  I am sure that other States will follow suit.

Di Smith said:

Have a look at Karting NSW FB page - plenty is going on  - they are doing an awesome job.  Open, transparent and working with the karter.  They were inundated with Expressions of Interest.

Terry Sheedy said:

Any updates?

Never could understand why Karting Australia had NET assets of over $ 2.2 million & controlled the Track Development Fund which had a further  $1.8 million. All for effectively a non-trading entity. Not much flows back to the karting grassroots who paid this money in the first place.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2018   Created by Col Fink.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service